The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: (like NEW) Mamiya 80 1.9 [Shallow DOF]

Anders_HK

This is a very rare Mamiya 80mm 1.9 in like NEW condition

I am an advanced amateur and care well of my gear. This is the last of my Mamiya lenses that I now put up for sale because I changed system to Hy6. It is last for good reason: This is a VERY SPECIAL lens --- SHALLOW DOF (or 1.0 type DOF on 35mm terms). And, SMALL SIZE L 59mm W 75mm, filter 67mm and LOW weight, only 420g!!!!! :thumbs: Thus easy and light to carry, handhold at low light, and with minimum focus distance of 70cm. Actually I even considered adapting it for my Hy6 for close focus portraits for shallow DOF but am content with my Schneider Xenotar 80 2.8 AFD PQ on extension tubes, this 80 1.9 is really this good! :thumbs:

Mamiya made the 80 1.9 for the Pro TL and discontinued it some 8-10 years ago. There is no lens to replace it. This is the Noctilux for Mamiya system and in medium format the perhaps only equals are Rollei 80 2.0 and the longer Hassy 110 2.0, both larger and heavier and more expensive. The Hassy works on Mamiya through adapter, but since heavier more difficult to hand hold in low light (had the 110/2, sold it many months ago). The 80 1.9 is thus a very respectful achievement of Mamiya. I was lucky to find and purchase it NEW in 2007 and have used it careful and limited. Thus this is a rare item open for sale to someone who value finding one in this NEW condition.

It is the latest N version (of course) and I have much valued the effect from this lens for its shallow DOF and ease of carry and hand hold in low light. While it works on any Mamiya/PhaseOne AFD ~ AFDIII and DF in manual stopped down metering (if you need to, shooting wide is no need to step down) it do so possibly best on a DF where you get a beep as focus indication. I used it on both ZD camera and AFDIII with Aptus 65. While an 80 1.9 can be found for around 250-350 USD, please note they are then very well used and not this condition (perhaps not even this newer N version), thus my higher price. Do compare and look on such lenses specifically at the lens mount on which paint is commonly much worn off, and the rubber on barrel which frequent is discolored. This indicate much use, and age. Not so on mine, it is SOLID like NEW, except very, very very faint loss of paint at corners of lens mount flanges. Optics are stellar as new, no scratch, no other blemish, no fungus, perfect. I used as a tool, limited use, I do use my tools carefully.

For download:

(1) High resolution photos of my lens --- to prove that indeed there is light reflecting along edges of mounting flange and no scratching, only the very, very faint loss of paint in corners of mounting flange. Please download to inspect in detail: https://rcpt.yousendit.com/1177663777/d2968c8b89e98f58fcf155e54f8a98ad

(2) Full size shots wide open of an amateur model (ZD camera, unknown model) shows the performance at wide open and the character of this lens, if stepped down lens is sharper: https://rcpt.yousendit.com/1177664407/714f6353d124da9f66c2317820a1da02

In essence, photos below are few teasers, please download per above links that contain more photos and large size.

Asking 595 USD + 50 USD shipping WORLDWIDE (EMS from Hong Kong, fast, insured, with tracking). :thumbs:

This sale is for who desire one in this NEW condition (I will not sell near the 250~350 usd bracket). Prefer sale to collector or professional who can gain much use from it.

Regards
Anders

----

Hy6 + Afi-II 12 + Shen-Hao

Last edited:

Anders_HK

BUMP

This is latest and improved N version. I am first owner, purchased new in ~2007. Suggest download of the large size images I placed in the yousendit.com links above to inspect the condition. Look in particular on lens mounting flange and the reflections there as compared to what is faint and little wear.

Due condition fixed price. Wish it to get a good home!

Ship worldwide EMS from Hong Kong, which is FAST. :D

Regards
Anders

Anders_HK

STILL AVAILABLE :salute:

Like new condition.

Asking 595 USD + 50 USD shipping WORLDWIDE (EMS from Hong Kong, fast, insured, with tracking). :thumbs:

thrice

PM Sent, might be a lowball so don't let this post discourage others from messaging Anders :p

Anders_HK

PM Sent, might be a lowball so don't let this post discourage others from messaging Anders :p
It remains available, and is looking for a good home. :salute:

High res photos to show the lens is mint like new condition in link in my original post at top! :angel: