The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New NEX cold shoe adapter and L Bracket

Terry

Hi,

Just wanted post pictures of a new product(s) that Arca sent me to try out. I think it is coming out in September. Don't worry I'm not working for Arca - I've deposited quite a few paychecks to them on my tech camera etc. They just knew that I shot with the NEX :D

Frist up cold shoe adapter. Screws into the port.

Now the L bracket. Solid as a rock. Caveat....this works with the Arca slidefix system. I've moved a bunch of stuff over to slide fix because I like the very small plate size for these small cameras. You can see how small these plates are in relation to the size of the camera. I have it mounted on the P0 head that I've been using for a bit more than a year now. Also works with their regular clamp shown at the bottom.

Terry

Cool Terry, I wonder if that will fit on my Acratech ballhead.
Not in a "normal" sided Arca style clamp. This is smaller from the slidefix system. I will post links to slidefix when I get home later but you can go to B&H and just type in Arca slidefix and you will see.

Jonas

It's either cool or funny that Arca still haven't got a WWW homesite... Terry, what slidefix plate do you recommend for a Nex? And where can one get that L bracket?

regards,

/Jonas

Terry

Jonas

Not sure when the Arca will be around.

This is my P0 head and it comes with the slide fix clamp
Right now I can't find a link the the clamp shown as the last picture in the first post
OK. I'll wait for a Nex-7 anyway if the rumour site is at least half right about that model.

Thank you for the appetizers!

/Jonas

It's either cool or funny that Arca still haven't got a WWW homesite... Terry, what slidefix plate do you recommend for a Nex? And where can one get that L bracket?

regards,

/Jonas
oh I thought I broke the internet when I couldn't find one.

these look great, thanks for sharing terry.