The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS (EU Germany) : Nikon Nikkor 200mm f/2 VR

carstenw

I have really enjoyed this lens, but the smaller and lighter Leica 180/2 won me over with its charm, so this is going on the block.

This is the first VR version, i.e. it has the older VR, good for 3 stops or so. The AF is unbelievably fast, almost instantaneous, but it is slightly loud and can whine a bit when the VR is active. This lens new can still be found for about 4100 Euro, and the new version costs around 5000 Euro or more. I am looking for 3300 Euro firm (I would go to 3200 Euro for a very smooth easy sale), plus shipping and payment costs (bank transfer, no PayPal due to fraud risks). Alternatively, the lens can be viewed and picked up in Berlin. A European buyer is preferred, due to insured shipping costs and risk of loss.

It is complete with everything it came with, including sack/front cap, rear cap, strap, shoulder bag, hood, filter holder, original foot and clear filter, and even the cardboard box. Everything is in as good as new condition. There is a single tiny mark on the tripod foot ring (see second photo), but to compensate for this, I am selling the lens with the replacement RRS foot fitted to the lens.

Have a close look at these photos, you will not find a cleaner copy without buying new (full res for serious full-price requests), and the main difference will be less dust (outside, I have seen only very minimal dust inside). These lenses do not come up often, so react fast if you want it.

There are lots of people who know me and have dealt with me both here on getdpi.com and also on FM, and I have a flawless eBay account (cwhimster) with over 250 perfect transactions. Feel free to contact me for more details if you feel unsure.

See my photos in this thread made with the Nikon:

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27856

Last edited:

carstenw

Please excuse the amateurish use of a strobe. I bought the flash head that same day, my first ever.