The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: [EU] ALPA Kern Macro Switar 50/1.9

Jonas

ALPA Kern Switar 50/1.9 Macro with a Metabones ALPA--> micro 4/3 adapter

This is one great great lens. Made in Switzerland in a very limited series, for the prestige brand ALPA we here have a lens that optically and mechanically is among the very best ever made.

This copy is in very good condition. I have seen a couple of these, owned two of them, and this copy is the best one of them.

The outside is looking very good. Have a look at the images and you'll notice the scratch-free barrel and the clear print.

The inside is equally nice. There is virtually no dust inside and the aperture blades are dry and clean.

The lens elements are fine. The front and the rear element are both free from normal scratches or damages. However, both the front and rear elements have some cleaning marks on them. These marks are faint and are best looked at using a loupe. Just looking at the elements will not reveal them.

The aperture blades close down, and open up, as expected, the aperture rings works OK with clear click stops, the focusing ring goes smoothly from one end to the other.

The Kern Switar special Visifocus depth of field indicator works properly.

All in all, finding a better copy won't be easy.

The lens will be shipped safely packed and the parcel will contain:
The lens itself of course,
An original ALPA 50/1.9 hood
Two ALPA skylight filters
The green lens hard case
Front and rear lens caps
A Metabone ALPA -> µ4/3 adapter

There are more images of the lens available here, Click!.

If you want to see the micro scratches on the rear and front elements I have made a couple of horror images, backlit and 10x life size, no less! These scratches are nothing to worry about but they should be mentioned. I wish the guy selling me the lens had checked it as carefully. The images are here: Click again! Please accept my apologizes for the surface dust, I suck at product photography.

Price: EUR 1.290 (bank transfer). If you wish to support PayPal that is OK to me but you'll have to pay for it: or EUR 1.343 (PayPal)
Shipping: Insured and signed for shipping is EUR 25, local pick-up is OK (Gothenburg, Sweden)

The price is lowered since last time I put up an ad for this lens. That is to reflect the condition of the lens.

If interested send me a PM (but don't ask me to lower the price).

Thank you,

/Jonas

rayyen

Received the lens from Jonas ; )
Many thanks to Jonas : ) It's a truly remarkable lens, great lens, great condition, super speedy delivery ; )
I like it very much : )