The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Rolleiflex f2.8 Planar Type 2 “White Face” K7F2

mikel

Hi all,
Up for sale is a Rolleiflex f2.8 Planar Type 2 “White Face” K7F2 with in excellent condition. It is 120 film only and has the hump back which allows use of the flat glass plate.

Cosmetically, the camera is in excellent condition. There are a couple fine nicks in the paint which can be seen in the photos. While taking off the back, I knocked out the pin that holds the back on, and had it replaced by ICT camera with another Rolleiflex pin (front edge, see photo).

Optically, there are no scratches or haze in the viewing and taking lens. There is a large piece of dust between the front and rear elements of the taking lens. I haven’t bothered to have it removed.

Functionally, I’ve been using the camera at all speeds and the shutter has been accurate with negative film. Slow speeds are crisp (unlike on my other Rolleiflex) and 1 sec is on. The shutter has not been tested formally in a tester, however, so please assume some tuning/adjustment may be needed. I’ll verify with the buyer that they understand this to prevent returns from those with buyers remorse. I’ve also been using the meter. The readings match my Gossen Luna Pro for the conditions I’ve tested.

Included with the body is the bayonet 3 lens cap and leather case. A few stitches have come out in the top lid, but the case is otherwise in fine condition.

I’m asking $1900 via paypal, which includes shipping to CONUS. I can guarantee delivery in the U.S., and would prefer to ship there because of that. I can meet in person in the SF Bay Area and will reduce the price. References available on request.

Photos coming soon.....

Edit: As posted below, the depth of field indicator on the focus knob is not working and needs to be reset. Dropping $50 off, now $1850.

Edit2: At the request of a potential buyer, I shined a LED light through the taking lens, and I can see a few very very faint lines in the coating. I guess micro-scratches. They are not visible when I shine an incandescent light through from either direction. I'm going to hold off on the sale until I can look closer and maybe photograph them. Local buyers in S.F. bay area I'll still meet you if you want to check it out. Sorry for the problems......

Last edited:

mikel

Re: FS: Rolleiflex f2.8 Planar Type 2 “White Face” K7F2

Note: I forgot to mention in the ad that the depth of field indicator on the focus knob mount is not working and needs to be reset. Dropping $50 from the price to $1850.

For those who contacted me, sorry for the omission,
Mike.

mikel

Note2: At the request of a potential buyer, I shined a LED light through the taking lens, and I can see a few very very faint lines in the coating. I guess micro-scratches. They are not visible when I shine an incandescent light through from either direction. I'm going to hold off on the sale until I can look closer and maybe photograph them. Local buyers in S.F. bay area I'll still meet you if you want to check it out. Sorry for the problems......

glee719

Hi Mike, thanks for the photos and I will take it as-is for $1500. Email sent, thanks.

mikel

Sale pending.

Thanks everyone for your interest. I'll pm folks when sold.