The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar Hy6 - 65 Camera Prices - Photokina Pre-Announcement

David K

Workshop Member
... and no Sinar equipment?!

:mad:

Have a great workshop,
Thierry
Thierry,

I wouldn't worry about not having Sinar equipment at the workshop. Dave Mc Ritchie and I coordinated what each of us would bring before the workshop. Between us we have plenty of gear for anyone interested in trying it out (including my 55mm PCS which is back in "like new" condition from F&H). Not only do we have a full line up of Sinar lenses but also the Contax 645 kit, via Sinar adapter and my friend Son is sending me down a Hasselblad SWC kit (Colin is sending down a Hasselblad adapter from NJ) so we can try out that combination as well.

T

thsinar

Hi Yevgeny,

Yes, that's right: you can use the very same adapters for the Siarback eSprit 65 as the ones used for the eMotion backs, being it for the Hy6, the sinar m, Hasselblad V & H1/H2,or the Mamiya 645 AFD/AFD II.

Best regards,
Thierry

Dear Thierry,
Very good news! :) Thank you for the confirmation!

May I assume that my eMotion /Sinar-M adapter also can be used with the Sinarback eSprit 65??

Kind regards,
Yevgeny

T

thsinar

Thanks David, appreciated!

I am sure that it will be a good workshops, with all this gear available, not mentioning the wonderful models organized by Guy and Jack! And my guess is that the latter will have the most success!

:ROTFL:

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry,

I wouldn't worry about not having Sinar equipment at the workshop. Dave Mc Ritchie and I coordinated what each of us would bring before the workshop. Between us we have plenty of gear for anyone interested in trying it out (including my 55mm PCS which is back in "like new" condition from F&H). Not only do we have a full line up of Sinar lenses but also the Contax 645 kit, via Sinar adapter and my friend Son is sending me down a Hasselblad SWC kit (Colin is sending down a Hasselblad adapter from NJ) so we can try out that combination as well.

Hi Yevgeny,

Yes, that's right: you can use the very same adapters for the Siarback eSprit 65 as the ones used for the eMotion backs, being it for the Hy6, the sinar m, Hasselblad V & H1/H2,or the Mamiya 645 AFD/AFD II.

Best regards,
Thierry
Dear Thierry,

Thanks again!

Kind regards,
Yevgeny

N

Natasa Stojsic

... and no Sinar equipment?!

:mad:

Have a great workshop,
Thierry
Thierry, I think the key is to at least have as many Hy6 Camera ON THE ROAD as we have Broncolor Lights:thumbup:

Obviously, that ratio is not going to be enough to satisfy SINAR pockets, but to fill that gap is success anyways:thumbup:

I am 90% close to buying Hy6.... only advise I need at this point is on AF lenses...?

what is available in AF?

any new AF lenses to be realesed and when?

T

thsinar

hi Natasa,

here what is available (or soon available) on AF lenses, either from the new AFD line, or from the previous AF line, or then easily as second-hand, from shortest to longest:

Schneider AF-Super-Angulon PQS 2.8/50 mm
Schneider AFD-Super-Angulon PQS 2.8/50 mm
Schneider AF-Xenotar PQS 2.8/80
Schneider AFD-Xenotar PQS 2.8/80 mm
Schneider AF-Tele Xenar PQS 4.0/150 mm (to be available 1st Q '09)
Schneider AFD-Tele Xenar PQS 4.0/150 mm
Schneider AF-Tele-Xenar PQ 2.8/180 mm
Schneider AFD-Tele-Xenar PQ 2.8/180 mm
Schneider AF-Variogon PQS 4.6/60-140 mm
Schneider AFD-Variogon PQS 4.6/60-140 mm (to be available 1st Q '09)

and here what has not yet an ETA:

- Flektogon 35mm AFD

Some of the 3 "to-be-released" AF lenses might be seen at Photokina (or not).

As far as non-AF lenses are concerned: there are over 35 different models available and fitting the Hy6.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry,

I am 90% close to buying Hy6.... only advise I need at this point is on AF lenses...?

what is available in AF?

any new AF lenses to be realesed and when?

fotografz

I think everyione should have 3 MFD systems.
503CW-203FE systems with CFV, Mamiya RZ (same CFV), H3D-II/39 (Mostly used on a Rollei Xact,) H3D-II/31; H2F waiting for a inexpensive 22 CF back ;)

Really only need two ... the H MFDs. Two, only because on a commercial shoot I need the immediate back-up.

PeterA

It isnt the backs so much - really they all make great files..but I just love cameras and lenses - lenses more than cameras. Still kicking myself for not buying Marc's 200 kit when he had a moment of weakness and put it up for sale:banghead::banghead:. Some consolation in picking up your RZ kit David:thumbup:
Sinar are now tempting me - because of the Rollie body - fingers crossed - maybe they will allow a Phase back or a hasselblad back on one down the track! Sheesh maybe I better start collecting some Rollie lenses ( you know for just in case) :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

F

fielddominance

Hi Natasa,

Since you are strongly considering the HY6 and already own a Phase... Can you give me some notes on why you are buying a Hy6???

be well,
Prio

email-
[email protected]