The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Gorgeous Pre-ASPH Silver 50mm f1.4 Summilux (E46)

Don Hutton

This is the gorgeous and highly sought after silver chrome model of the 50mm pre-ASPH Summilux (the model immediately preceding the current ASPH Summilux). It has a built-in sliding hood and accepts 46mm filters. Overall, the lens is in close to mint condition - just the very slightest signs of use - no scratches dings or other cosmetic issues. The glass is flawless. The lens works perfectly with smooth focus and produces glorious images especially wide open. Focus is accurate on my M8 and MP. The lens includes both original caps, leather case and box (the correct Summilux Leica box but for the black version, not the silver...). The lens is not 6-bit coded. $1900 shipped lower 48 (more elsewhere).

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Re: FS: Gorgeous Pre-ASPH Silver 50mm f1.4 Summilux (E46)

This is a spectacular lens. I have done several deals with Don and if I didn't have a lens exactly like this one, I'd snap it up in a second. Good luck with your sale, Don.

Don Hutton

Make me an offer! This is a gorgeous lens in awesome shape...

stephengilbert

Guy,

If you were to buy a lens for a camera you no longer own, you'd qualify for the Gear Slut Hall of Fame.

Steve

Right; I know, you might buy a G-1, and then you'd need more lenses.

Add: I just saw you've bought a G-1. I should have known, but haven't read the Times yet this morning.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Already a gold member of the Hall of fame. Working on a Platinum Gear Slut Hall of Fame membership. You really have to be bad to get in this club

cam

i think i qualify for Gear Slut Wannabe....

i'm drooling and i already own a v.2 of this lens... still lusting after the Nocti, seriously looking for a 75 Lux, desperately need something wide and fast -- all of which will keep me from ever being able to afford the M8.2... and, still, i drool.

akiralx

If this was coming from Europe I would take it....

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Is it against the rules to put a silver lens on a black body?

Guy Mancuso

Buy this lens and Terry's silver M8. Now there is a combo

cam

Buy this lens and Terry's silver M8. Now there is a combo
not only are you a slut, but you are an enabler of the worst kind :p

sigh. what a fine looking pair that would be!

Last edited:

jonoslack

not only are you a slut, but you are an enabler of the worst kind :p

sigh. what a fine looking pair that would be!
Then, a quick shutter update, and the whole lot will cost less than an M8.2
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

p.s. thanks for your PM, I'm cogitating on a worthy reply :)

cam

Then, a quick shutter update, and the whole lot will cost less than an M8.2
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
LOL! no, i think Guy was talking to the T-Man. i just waltzed in.

for moi, i seriously need the discreet shutter function -- no ifs ands or buts. and if we're looking at pure aesthetics, my v.2 chrome lens with the beautiful knurled v.1 body beats the one for sale here.

however, if i knew then what i know now, i would not have hesitated to hold out for a lens such as this -- especially at this great price. it has closer focusing than mine and the optics are slightly superior. beats the ASPH version hands down, IMHO, which is too clinical for portraits and the like.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Unh. My arm is twisting! I... really... want... this... lens..

Guy Mancuso

I will not be a enabler but Tim it would be my first buy back into the M8 than the 28 cron.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Guy, you are the arm twister. I already have the 28 cron and the 75 lux, this seems like a perfect complement. I'm going to stew on it for a night.

charlesphoto

I have this lens in black but nowhere near as pretty as this (its had its bumps). It's a great lens. Would look awesome on a silver body. I recently picked up a silver 50mm elmar recent version for my silver M8 and it looks great.