The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Capture One Pro Version 4.5/Download

David K

Workshop Member
Great explanation Doug... I need to relearn Capture One after a long lay off but it was my go to program for several years. So far I like what I'm seeing a lot. Just need to think through my workflow yet again and see where it fits in.

gogopix

Subscriber
Doug
Nice summary. These styles can be saved and applied across C1 4.5, yes?

Also I saw that the color wheel can be edited and then saved as an ICC profile. I di d this for a profile for my M8 and never went back to filters (even works for tuxes)

not perfect, but I like the fact that you can adjust for vignette. I hate cenetr filters and this says I can use say the zeiss 15mm WO center filter on my M8 and then adjust with the vignette style. This can be a winner if I ever get thru the manual

BTW, is it also 64 bit compatible? I have a machine and was reluctant to change to win 64 bit JUST because C1 and C3 were a little shakey and did not take advantage of the 64 bit (mere memory extension doesnt work. you need 64 bit CODE)

best regards
Victor (waiting patiently for 65+ from you guys! :D )

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
These styles can be saved and applied across C1 4.5, yes?
It's not intuitive, but to save a style you go into the adjustments menu and you'll find a tab on the bottom that says "Styles." Here you can save the selected adjustments as a new Style set.

:thumbs:,

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
It is in fact pro only. I had upgraded but as i had not activated the key, when I downloaded, I just got Capture 4.5(not pro). When you upgrade, you need to go into capture one's license tab, deactivate the old license and then put in the new license key. Then Capture one pro pops up!
I can't seem to get mine to activate as C1 Pro no matter what. I've tried deactivating and reactivating everywhere, with no success... The About dialog says 4.5.1. I've sent a message to P1 tech support, but no response yet.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jan:

Have you loaded your license data in the license dialog under prefs? I had to do that manually before the Pro version activated.

robsteve

Subscriber
I can't seem to get mine to activate as C1 Pro no matter what. I've tried deactivating and reactivating everywhere, with no success... The About dialog says 4.5.1. I've sent a message to P1 tech support, but no response yet.
Jan:

Try installing it into a separate folder.

I noticed that when I installed it into my applications folder, it automatically grabbed my C1v4 license and. If I installed it into its own folder, I was able to choose to demo the pro version. I only have a C1v4 license from the M8, not a pro license.

Robert

jlm

Workshop Member
my "pro" copy comes up but calls itself "Capture One" though it indicates under the license Capture One Pro.

i don't even know how to tell the diff between normal4.5 and pro 4.5

robsteve

Subscriber
my "pro" copy comes up but calls itself "Capture One" though it indicates under the license Capture One Pro.

i don't even know how to tell the diff between normal4.5 and pro 4.5
The normal version doesn't have the lens corrections tab, which has a lens as the icon.

Robert

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Or the color profile editor...
I used spotlight to find all the app data support folders and whatnot and wiped them, and reinstalled, but still no go. I've canceled and reentered my license info, which makes no difference. The program says I have one free upgrade left while the online one says I have two. But all the activations and deactivations I try show up in the online license manager. I bet something is totally screwed up in their back end license manager.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
On Mac it doesn't really have an uninstaller since you install it by dropping it on the app folder. Uninstalling consists of deleting the app - and, manually hunting down its preference files and such. Spotlight is very helpful for the latter. But yes, you're supposed to uninstall it first, which is part of the problem since it's not designed to use an installer (pkg).

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
I know what the problem is now. The Pro tools only show up in the main C1 Pro window. I like to have the main window on my secondary display and use it to browse files, then adjust settings on my main display, using the second C1 Pro window. In this Window, none of the Pro tools will show.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Okay, well that was fun for a few minutes. Then it crashed, and now it crashes immediately whenever I try to start it. Sigh.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jan:

Nuke every folder C1 related (other than images) and re-install -----

Working fine on my Mac Pro and MacBookPro

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
I brought it back to life again by unmounting the Drobo so it couldn't auto jump to the last folder I browsed. If remount the Drobo and navigate around it crashes after a little while, then keeps crashing until I unmount the Drobo again. So it seems to have problems with existing image data stored by C1 Pro 3.7 or C1 4. Maybe in conjunction with some setting I changed.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Ah. I had a similar issue, but one of the last DROBO software/firmware updates eliminated it. Weird and not sure it was related, but you might want to see that your DROBO software and firmware is current.