The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya 645AFD Leaf Aptus 22

Gilles L.

Hello everyone,

After months of deliberation (actually probably longer than that :p), I purchased an Aptus 22 with a Mamiya 645 mount, to use with my 645AFD.

I also have a first version Mamiya RZ67. I though only the RZ 67 II was compatible with a digital back but a friend of mine is using a P25 with his RZ67 (I), using a sync cable from the back to the lens, which is basically the same set-up as a back on most V body. So my question is can I use the Aptus 22 on my RZ, and if so who makes the plate, and the cable? I tried Leaf and Mamiya's websites but there is no information on this. Also tried Calumet, Kapture Group and B&H but couldn't find it either.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Gilles

yaya

Hello everyone,

After months of deliberation (actually probably longer than that :p), I purchased an Aptus 22 with a Mamiya 645 mount, to use with my 645AFD.

I also have a first version Mamiya RZ67. I though only the RZ 67 II was compatible with a digital back but a friend of mine is using a P25 with his RZ67 (I), using a sync cable from the back to the lens, which is basically the same set-up as a back on most V body. So my question is can I use the Aptus 22 on my RZ, and if so who makes the plate, and the cable? I tried Leaf and Mamiya's websites but there is no information on this. Also tried Calumet, Kapture Group and B&H but couldn't find it either.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Gilles

Hello Gilles,

We make an adapter that allows you to use your new back (congratulations) on all RZ models. It comes complete with a lens-to-back sync cable as well as a focusing screen for the camera that has the 48X36 mask printed on it vertically+horizontally. It also allows you to rotate the back on the camera like a film magazine.

I have extracted the relevant pages out of the Aptus User guide for your convenience. The part number is 518-02210A and it costs 583 EUR ex. VAT. It can be ordered through any Leaf dealer in your region.

I hope this helps

rgds

yair

Gilles L.

Yair,

Thank you very much for the answer and the attached detailed PDF. This is exactly what I was looking for. So basically it makes no difference if using the back with a RZ67 or RZ67 II Pro, right?

I will contact a Leaf dealer and order the kit.

many thanks also to Forrest Black.

Gilles