The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Summarex on the G1

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I had begged Santa to bring me an adapter. Lo and behold, Santa John Milich delivered an adapter to me late this afternoon. I didn't have time or light to go anywhere, but I put the Summarex on the G1 and went out the door. I hope to find some better material tomorrow and also to try the 12mm Helier and my 50 f/1.5 Summarit.

G1 and Summarex

Thank you Santa John.:p

Terry

Cindy,
I think Santa might have mine waiting for me when I arrive in NY on Christmas day. Looking forward to seeing how you fare with the 12mm. I have a bunch of CVs all in LTM to play with while waiting for the M mount version. Where in AZ are you. Behind the towers it looks somewhat like the top of pinnacle peak but I really can't place then where you would be shooting from.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cindy,
I didn't ask you how it was focusing this lens?
Terry, It is really easy. I used the viewfinder and then zoomed in. I am getting used to doing it that way. I like Viveks waist-level focusing for stealth, but it doesn't work for me with a heavy lens like the Summarex.
The Summarex is heavy, though and I probably could do better on a tripod or monopod.

BTW, the Milich LTM to G1 adapter is a beautiful piece of work.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Cindy - I love this lens and you certainly put yours to good use! What f/stop on the last one?

monza

Very nice. :) May I ask what the distance was in the first shot?

When I was using my 105 Nikkor, the focus assist was a great help, although it makes for a shaky view. I'm wondering if Panasonic could fine tune that feature somewhat, so there could be a wider range of magnification.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Very nice. :) May I ask what the distance was in the first shot?

When I was using my 105 Nikkor, the focus assist was a great help, although it makes for a shaky view. I'm wondering if Panasonic could fine tune that feature somewhat, so there could be a wider range of magnification.

Monza, I was about 5 feet away on the two closeup shots. It will be interesting when I have an M adapter and can put the extension tube on.
I did not have any trouble with the magnification. It is not a shaky view, it is a shaky me. I'm sure on a tripod I could be very exact even with a long lens like Summarex.

peterb

Fabulous shots! Enjoy the optics.

TEB, I just left NY! Now on Cape Cod.

Have a great holiday all! Can't wait to see some of your shots.

Here's one I took during a blizzard a few days ago. (As you can see it's quite hardy in inclement weather!)

Enjoy.

Peter

Last edited:

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Nice Cindy. Try shooting the Summarex at f11 for a different look. It can handle it.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Charles,
Thanks. I'll give it a try. I never use any lens aperture over f/8 (because of diffraction), so I never thought to try it.

Last edited: