The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 & Legacy gLass ... pics ...

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Y.B., Excellent! It looks like the poor dear went a little wild with her hair dye.

G1 and Cosina Voigtlander 12mm Helier
Saguaro Cactus in the McDowell Mountain Preserve

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks, Joe. The high in Scottsdale today was 49 degrees (it is 34 right now.) This was up in the desert at an even higher elevation, so it probably was even cooler (but the sun was shining.:ROTFL:) No snow, so I'm not complaining.

It is so much fun shooting the G1 with this lens!!!!

Henry Goh

Really nice colors Cindy. Looks like the 12mm Heliar works great on G1. May I ask if this lens works as well on M6?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Really nice colors Cindy. Looks like the 12mm Heliar works great on G1. May I ask if this lens works as well on M6?
Thank you, Henry.
I don't have an M6 right now. I have an M5. I remember that it vignettes on the M5 and seems a little wide for me (YMMV). I love it on the M8... and now on the G1, where you can actually focus it.

LCT

Vivek, did you really take your pic above at f/0.95? If so it must be very difficult to get optical blur with those little sensors i guess.

V

Vivek

YBH, Thanks. No, I am not missing much in terms of bokeh.

Yes (LCT), it was taken at f/0.95. I did check the light transmission of this lens and it is a f/0.95 (Angenieux have engraved the T-stops as well, it is T/1).

Because of the negative curvature of the images from this lens, if the focus is achieved (and the main subject is focused properly taking into account the light fall off), I get shots that I can live with.

It is not the sensor size. Even at f/3.5 9similar magnifications), with a flat field lens, I get more "bokeh".:ROTFL:

V

Vivek

Oh-oh! Peter, that lens weighs >850gms, do not mount the camera on a tripod with that lens hanging off it!

You can put a tripod collar on the lens itself (The arri -> M adapter tube area). Better balance and a lot safer.

Oh-oh! Peter, that lens weighs >850gms, do not mount the camera on a tripod with that lens hanging off it!
You can put a tripod collar on the lens itself (The arri -> M adapter tube area). Better balance and a lot safer.
Vivek, Thank you for the warning. I shall not repeat this setup, it was just a one-time curiosity, far too bulky and heavy to carry around.

V

Vivek

Actually, my sample weighed in at 1.15kg on a kitchen scale! As you know, Peter, that lens is very valuable! :)