The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Long Exposures G1

Terry

It was only a matter of time until I posted the bridge. It was a nice crisp day today so I thought I would go out and see if I could get some good shots.

Jack- the framing is for you since you pay attention to these details :D.

Kevin - I stopped being a geek and went out and used the tripod :D.

ISO 100 84mm f5 8 seconds
View attachment 10605

ISO 100 51mm f5 20 seconds
View attachment 10607

ISO 125 29mm f7.1 1/30
View attachment 10603

ISO 100 91mm f7.1 1/15
View attachment 10604

ISO 160 14mm f4.5 1/1000
View attachment 10602

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Those are awesome Terry, and I *love* the shot with the dirigible in it!

For folks that don't know, that is the product of a recent Silicon Valley venture. Approximate 2 hour blimp tours of the entire bay area, complete with a gourmet meal, a dozen or so passenger maximum at I think $500 per seat, takes off and lands at the old Moffet Field Blimp hanger. And the interesting part.... They are fully booked until mid April!

Diane B

Love these Terry--just nicely done. Guess I'm going to have to add that second lens for now. I find myself sitting here interpolating to FF equivalents and lenses I would have used for these shots. The output from these 2 little lenses continues to surprise me.

Diane

Terry

The combo of the swivel LCD and the enlargement for focus were amazing. The "gain" in the dark allowed me to focus in the dark.

Diane if you are looking at focal lengths the first shot was taken vertically and cropped square and the 4th was horizonal (they are close to the same focal length).

kevinparis

very nice terry... maybe I should dig out my tripod.... and that handy remote control shutter release i picked up....

K

cjlacz

I like the final picture, where you can see almost the entire bridge. The city looking so small in the background makes the bridge just look huge.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Those are awesome Terry, and I *love* the shot with the dirigible in it!

For folks that don't know, that is the product of a recent Silicon Valley venture. Approximate 2 hour blimp tours of the entire bay area, complete with a gourmet meal, a dozen or so passenger maximum at I think $500 per seat, takes off and lands at the old Moffet Field Blimp hanger. And the interesting part.... They are fully booked until mid April!
Jack - that blimp went right over my house a few days ago, and I didn't know the background on this. I've been wondering what was going on. My wife says it's gone over our house a few times over the past couple of weeks. I guess we're in one of the possible flight paths.

Mike

peterb

Wow! I echo everyone else's comments here. Terry utterly superb. Makes me want to go out and get a camera like that. Hey..wait? I already did.

Again absolutely wonderful catches. At all perspectives.

Peter

MikeScecina

Workshop Member
Thanks for steering me over here, Terry. The photos are just superb. Hopefully this reply will light up the thread again for others who have yet to see it.

kdemas

Nicely done Terry. I have yet to try long exposures on my G1 but those shots from the Marin headlands are beautiful.

BTW- That blimp is actually a Zeppelin, much bigger and more substantial. I want to try to get up on that thing once while they're operating. Hmmm... which camera to take up there??? :)

Kent

bavanor

Great shots Terry. It is amazing to see how the big cables on the bridge move, which you can see in the 2nd photo. Very cool.

Aaron