The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Mamiya Tilt/Shift/Swing/Rise/Fall bellows and 127 Ektar lens

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Here is a very versatile addition to your Mamiya 645. This is the older manual bellows, which in contrast to the newer AF version has all the movements. It can still be found new for around $900 if you hunt. This one comes complete with a 127mm Ektar lens attached via a body-cap adapter, and of course ANY other view or digital lens in a standard #0 sized shutter can be easily mounted or any Mamiya mount lens can be attached normally. The 127 is included and can be focused from infinity to nearly 1:1 magnification, and makes an excellent portrait lens used wide open or macro lens when stopped down. Additionally, you can generate unique focus effects for product photography with this 127 or any other lens you want to use.

Edit: Note also that the base rail doubles as a focusing stage, and can be split and used for horizontal positioning as well! (VERY versatile unit.)

Asking $650 for the complete kit as shown, or about what the bellows by itself is worth, shipped US and paypal'd.

Thanks for looking!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: FS: Mamiya Tilt/Shift/Swing/Rise/Fall bellows and 127 Ektar lens

Did not know you had this one. Pretty cool

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Offers?

J

jmvdigital

Jack, this attaches to the Phamiya 645AF body? And I can put any Mamiya AF lens on the front, and still maintain infinity to macro focusing distances? Basically, we're talking super flexible extension tubes?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Justin:

You can still attach any Mamiya mount lens, but: 1) AF lenses have electronic apertures and will not therefore stop down; 2) infinity focus is NOT maintained as the bellows at minimum extension has about 36mm of extension, just like the #3 tube.

However, the Ektar focuses from infinity to almost 1:1 and all the tilts and shifts work -- makes the bellows VERY flexible and precisely why I am including that lens! Of course, a 120mm enlarging lens, 120 view lens or 120 digital lens can be mounted in the lens-cap adapter board for the Ektar and you have infinity to full 1:1. Shorter lenses will give more magnification but may not hit infinity; longer lenses than 120mm will hit infinity easily, but may not generate as high a magnification unless you add tubes.

Any Mamiya manual focus lens with manual aperture can also be used for close-ups, but again because of the extension from the bellows won't hit infinity when mounted on the bellows...

Hope that clarifies!

J

jmvdigital

Jack- This is very tempting. I am going to sit on it. I think I'd rather have the compactness of the 120 macro though.

robmac

Would be interesting mounting a 1DS3, 5D2 or D3x on the back end of this baby with a Fotodiox Pro adapter....using the supplied lens or your M645 glass of choice (say the 80/4 macro?) for relative pennies vs. the newer canon/Nikon T&S kits. Lot of bellows kits around, but not many with all the movements.

Good luck with the sale.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Jack- This is very tempting. I am going to sit on it. I think I'd rather have the compactness of the 120 macro though.
The 120 macro is about the same size as the 150/2.8 -- IOW not all that compact over the bellows -- in fact the bellows with the 127 may weigh less! And then there is the price :D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Would be interesting mounting a 1DS3, 5D2 or D3x on the back end of this baby with a Fotodiox Pro adapter....using the supplied lens or your M645 glass of choice (say the 80/4 macro?) for relative pennies vs. the newer canon/Nikon T&S kits. Lot of bellows kits around, but not many with all the movements.

Good luck with the sale.
Excellent point -- the bigger glass allows for more movements too ;)

robmac

Believe me if my WTB list (laughingly called the "need to buy" list) wasn't already 2x longer than my budget is fat, this kit would be enroute.

Nice full-movement bellows, easy-peasy attachment of my 1Ds2 (though LV would be a real requirement here) on the back end (given already have the M645 adapter), the supplied lens with it's massive (for a DSLR) image circle and shorter M645 glass (my 150/3.5 is probably too long) avail cheap..... 101 ways to waste away hrs a day ;>

PSon

I have designed an adapter that will allow the enlarging lens to be mounted in both directions (normal and reverse) so that the lens can be best used for the required application. Two more advantages: 1) the adapter will also allow the lens to get to infinity focus and 2) high precision so that the enlarging lens threads will not be damaged when mounted to the adapter.

In addition, I have also made only 5 (now 2 left) adapters that will allow the Contax 645 body to mount to this Mamiya PC auto bellows.
-Son

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

SALE PENDING

J

Jbee

FS : Mamiya Tilt/Shift/Swing/Rise/Fall bellows and 127 Ektar lens

I bought this item from Jack and as my PhaseOne camera is now sold there is no need to keep it.

price : USD 650,- plus shipping, item is in Germany.

Jari

Dale Allyn

Jari,

You should create a new listing, as the original thread to which you have added is marked "Sold". I expect that many visitors will pass it over because of that.

Good luck with your sale.

Dale