The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Perspective Control with the Schneider PA Curtagon 35mm/4 Shift Lens

rweissman

Peter, are the captions reversed? The top one looks like it has less distortion and has more parallel lines than the bottom. The right hand side of the building looks parallel to the left in the top photo, but not the bottom photo And the top has more of the picture cropped (red netting) which is usually a sign of T/S having been applied.

In any case I just picked up this lens today (without any documentation). Any tricks on using it?

Peter, are the captions reversed? The top one looks like it has less distortion and has more parallel lines than the bottom. The right hand side of the building looks parallel to the left in the top photo, but not the bottom photo And the top has more of the picture cropped (red netting) which is usually a sign of T/S having been applied.
Thank you for your attentive look. I am not sure now, but I do not think so. If you look at the right edge, the wall in the bottom one seems vertical while the top one leans slightly to the left.

In any case I just picked up this lens today (without any documentation). Any tricks on using it?
No particular tricks except what you would do with any P/C lens. Good luck with your new acquisition and do post some results here.