The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Kinoptik 25mm/2.0 on the G1

This Kinoptik Macro Apochromat is a 35mm cine lens, it covers the full G1 sensor. Mine came in an Eclair/Cameflex mount with a custom made G1 adapter. It focuses to 50cm. The front lens is deeply recessed in the mount so that it will not need a sun shade.

Rosebuds

Mushrooms

Spring flowers

Brick wall

Last edited:
M

milapse

Ahh so you got that one! I almost had my hands on the same lens (in super rare c-mount) for $200 until the seller checked E-bay and saw YOURS!! :cry::cry: They backed out.

Some more pictures I made yesterday with this lens at a service station on the A1 motorway between Lausanne and Geneva. All pictures at ISO=100 developed with Raw Therapee and Gimp

Bentley Drophead Coupé

Hi David,

loa said:
I just bought a k25/2, based partly on your pix. It looks lovely. Now I need to mount it to my camera, an e-p1.
I hope you will enjoy the new camera and lens.

I've very much enjoyed your posts here and on dpreview and elsewhere.
Thank you for the kudos

I see you had a custom mount done.. can you share who built that? or do you know of any adapters for this (I think it's cameflex?) to C or m43 or OM...?
IF you are not sure, a useful site for identifying your lens mount is http://www.lensid.com . I bought my lens from Wolfgang Rabe in Germany ([email protected]) and it already came with the custom mount.

By googling "Cameflex lens adapter" I also found the following address:

http://www.lesbosher.co.uk/lensadapt.htm

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Peter

W

wblynch

Peter, that lens and those photos are amazing.

I feel as though I'm looking at the original subjects in person with my own eyes.

Thank you for posting and I hope you present more.

-Bill L.

Bill,
Peter, that lens and those photos are amazing.
I feel as though I'm looking at the original subjects in person with my own eyes. Thank you for posting and I hope you present more.
Thank you for your kudos. This lens has become my favorite walkaround lens. The combination of high luminosity, color rendition, sharpness on the whole M43 sensor already wide open and macro capability is a winner over all my other 25mm lenses.

The only possible contender might be the 26mm/1.1 Macro Switar, which is currently for repair (diaphragm stuck) at the Bolex factory - an hours dirve fromm home.Here a shot I made at f/5.6 - I am curious to know how it will behave wide open.

G1 - Kern Macro Switar 26mm/1.1 @ f/5.6 - ISO=100 Developed in Raw Thereapee and resized in Gimp
Cheers
Peter

Last edited:
LOL, not all of them look like this... I have one in smaller Arri Standard mount housing and also you can get it in tiny C-mount.
Last week I passed by Media-Markt (MM) in Geneva, a consumer electronics supermarket to have a look at the Olympus E-P1. I was not tempted.

MM are not known to have high technical expertise but in this case a knowledgeable salesman was intrigued by the Kinoptik on my G1, knew that a new one was over €5'000, had never seen one on a still camera and asked me a lot of questions about the lens, the adapter and the results. The Frankenstein effect must have worked wonders. I doubt a simple C-mount version would have elicited the same sort of respect. LOL

Cheers
Peter

L

loa

DO you know approximately the date range in which this (FRONK-en-steen!!) version of the lens was produced?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Amazing lens and congratulations on owning it and using it so well. Those who disparage the G1 (and the micro 4/3 sensor) should look at these photos.

Thank you Cindy, it is an amazing lens indeed. BTW, Kinoptik still makes them, you can order them in most motion picture mounts.

V

Vivek

Anyone photographs people with this lens? How does it render skin tones?