The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Small Sensor Macro

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I thought a macro thread would be fun. Show us your macro shots.:clap:

I got a beautiful orchid from my husband for Valentine's Day. GX-100, f/4.4, 1/13s, iso 80, C1 JFI XP2 profile

jonoslack

Here's one
D-lux3

Small sensor cameras certainly do excel for this kind of thing

Cindy, your orchid shot is wonderful

W

wbrandsma

Great idea Cindy and thank you for sharing your macro photo. A great one :thumbup:. Maggie, the eye is absolutely gorgeous :bugeyes:. Jono and Lili, your photos are superb :clap:.

This one was made with a GX100.

Lili

Thank you Wouter :)
These small sensor cameras are really suited to macro!
I find the little Fuji to be deceptive, despite its tiny 1/2.5" sensor at the long end of the zoom it outperforms my K100D with the 50-200m kit lens.
Far less vieling flare, higher contrast.
In a Much lighter package too

Last edited:

Will

I took this one today in Brighton with the GRD2 and GW-1. The lens was actually touching the straw!

Terry

I've done a ton of macros with small sensor cameras both with and without close up lenses attached.
Check out the galleries

Tbanet.zenfolio.com

Flower Macros
April in Arizona
London