The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shoulder Bag Review

Scargos2

When I purchased My M8, all my bags were for Canon and there Lens. They were all too big. So time to search for a smaller bag.

If you are looking for a great carry around shoulder bag that is well made and priced right (under $80.00). The Black was $85. and the prices have dropped since I purchased mine. This may be the one for you.
Domke F-10 JD Medium shoulder bag. Colors available are Sand, Olive and Black. The black bag has bright RED letters DOMKE on the flap. Using a black marker to cover the red would work. Size is 11.5 long x 6 deep x 9 high.
Bag is water-resistant cotton canvas. Padded interior with 3 padded dividers and they are movable.
2 Year Warranty.
I purchased the Olive bag as it is the least noticeable, IMHO.
And if you want something that is STEALTH looking to match your Black M8
this bag will work.

I carry the M8, with a 50mm lens attached , a 50mm , 35 mm and a CV 15mm and there is room for 1 or 2 more lens that are protected(covered)
The front pocket has lots of room for filters, batteries ect.

bags can be found here at www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/560315-REG/Domke_700_00D_F_10_JD_Medium_Shoulder.html

J

Jeff Laitila

I concur with this review.

I have been using this bag for a few months now. The only thing I don't like about it is the strong (and loud) velcro securing the front flap, but that was quickly fixed by a bit of gaffers tape.

It's a great solution for a single body with lens, and 2-3 additional lenses. The front zippered pouch is roomy, and the flat pouch/slot on the back of the bag is good for a small map or notebook. The top handle is very well designed, much better in my opinion than a hand strap that runs from D-ring to D-ring and ends up getting in the way when you want to quickly get at your gear. As would be expected, the gripper shoulder strap works like a charm. It has just the right amount of "gription", but is still very comfortable.

It's a bit stiff when brand new, but like all Domke's it only gets better with age.

skimmel

Just purchased this bag myself. Haven't put it through it's paces yet but I agree that's it's a great sized bag. Also agree the velcro is loud.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
You should also look at the J803 domke satchel . Jack had some photos of how he configured his for 2 M8 s . Differences ..(1) depth is 3" which allows the bag to shape to your body (2) width is 12.5 inches which is needed to use with 2 m8s (3) black ballistic nylon with minimal domke lettering. The insert was from the standard F2 bag (a newer version is shorter and wider which is better because it doesn t grab on the lens hoods).

This configuration works for 2 bodies and up to 6 lenses which is my traveling set. When working the bodies are out and the bag is easy to use as a carry all.

Just another alternative in a nice line of bags.

Scargos2

The more I use this bag, the better I like it. It is great as a walk around bag. Used the bag in Canada last weekend at the Horse races.