The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Captions?

pollobarca

The guy in the middle has you spotted. Theres nearly always one!
3 Bubbles
"Young man keep your hands to yourself!"
" Some people have all the luck"
"It wasnt me , honest !"

R

Richard Franiec

What's on your mind, young man, keep your hands to yourself.

Cheers

Richard
P.S. Sorry it has been pointed already

What a shot! A decisive moment worthy of HCB himself....

Congratulations, Don! This one´s a winner, even without captions....

If captions, so far Pollobarca has the lead, closely followed by Michael....:LOL:

Don Ellis

High-brow: "Did I leave home with Grandma today?"

Low-brow: "Oooo… was that the lentils? I'd better look seriously thoughtful here."

Thanks to everyone for jumping in here... I've always appreciated the Internet for its ability to show us just how funny and clever other people are. :)

Cheers,
Don

Don Ellis

What a shot! A decisive moment worthy of HCB himself....
Congratulations, Don! This one´s a winner, even without captions....
Thank you... that's very kind, Per. I'm glad HCB is out of earshot or he'd be clawing at the lid. :p

If captions, so far Pollobarca has the lead, closely followed by Michael....:LOL:
Pollo's mind and mine... well, what can I say?

Cheers,
Don

Don Ellis

Great Street Shot, Don!
Thank you, Lili... sometimes things work out. It's not perfectly in focus -- even at 1/640s -- but close enough for an off-handed shot.

As for technique, I've found it useful to set Manual Focus to 7 feet (because of the focal length), hold the camera at waist level parallel with the ground, and press the shutter with my thumb whenever something looks interesting. As I was crossing the street, I saw this woman going through a variety of facial expressions, so I was ready for this particular one without breaking stride.

Cheers,
Don

pollobarca

Don,
thats a nice pic ,Both ladies have great expressions, thanks for telling us your technique .
I've been trying something similar with the GX100 in the half case.
I normally hold the camera against my waist /beer gut with my thumb hooked through the neck strap.
The thumb also triggers the shutter.

Captions- I've been reading a lot of Dilbert captions on the net lately. Mine here were too obvious though. So...

So "Young man keeps your hands to yourself"
"Missus, thats what I've been doing but I'm going Blind!"

Inspired by McGill sea side postcards and Carry On films.

hilld

All three (including man looking at camera, I mean):-

" If I see that f****** Don Ellis snapping away around here one more time, I'm going to scream!!!!!!!!!"

Well, they can say what they want, I think it's a jolly nice capture, and they ought to consider themselves privileged.

ecliffordsmith

Hi Don,

Well the low brow option is what sprung straight to my mind upon seeing the photograph.

A very nice capture by the way!

D

D upton-Hackett.

The glums.

This was a program aired on the steam radio years ago in UK. it was very funny.