The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

B&H Event 09/09/09 1pm NYC register

stevem8

I got an invite to Leicas event in NYC at 9am on 9/9 - WISH I could go but I will be out of the country on the 9th. JUST GREAT!

R

Ranger 9

Somebody take their iPhone and live-blog it for us, okay? Even if all the juicy bits have been leaked by then, I'd still like to see how the actual event goes over...

Riccis

Ok, kids... In NYC right now for Saturday's wedding, fly out to Italy on Sunday for next weekend's wedding and back to NYC on the 7th... Depending on how I feel when I get back and if I can get someone to send me an invite I'll try to stay for the announcement on the 9th...

Cheers,

B

bender

so B&H out east, Sammy's Camera is hosting one out west....

anyone hear the secret location for the midwest?? just looked at central camera's website (just guessing it would be there) but no mention. that said they aren't exactly quick to update their site. any one know?

Thanks!
brian

N

nei1

Has this time and date been set up by B&H or Leica?If by leica then the actul time of the announcment will be 3pm nyc so that its 9pm in Germany;....just guessing.Or at 9am in germany.

R

Ranger 9

Has this time and date been set up by B&H or Leica?If by leica then the actul time of the announcment will be 3pm nyc so that its 9pm in Germany;....just guessing.Or at 9am in germany.
Here's my bit of rain on the parade: These events don't necessarily imply any kind of central coordination from the Leica Worldwide Command Center.

Having noted the speculative frenzy on photo-fora about the whole "9/9/09 at 9" bit, any savvy store marketer would be smart to schedule some kind of event at that time, just to build store traffic... even if they don't have anything to announce/show other than, say, S2 news.

etrigan63

OK, and the taking of pre-orders (with a deposit) gets them what? $3 USD of interest earned for the period?

Granted, that still doesn't mean something coordinated is happening directed by the LHC (Leica High Command, not Large Hadron Collider) but these guys aren't Ferengi enough to pull this kind of actionable stunt.

N

nei1

I cant find anything obvious on any of the better known store sites here in europe about anything happening on the 9th but if its invite only I wouldnt be on the list,...........

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
There is a press announcement at 9am in NYC at the Time Warner bld. Appears to require an invitation which I am attempting to obtain.

At 1pm there is a presentation by Justin Staley on Leica s new announcements at B&H s Super Store in NYC. This one is open to the public and you can register for it at B&H website under I believe ...events.

Kphelan

Schiller's in St. Louis is hosting a Leica event on 09-09-09. Rick Weinstein the Leica rep will be there all day to introduce a new unannounced product.

---Kent

so B&H out east, Sammy's Camera is hosting one out west....

anyone hear the secret location for the midwest?? just looked at central camera's website (just guessing it would be there) but no mention. that said they aren't exactly quick to update their site. any one know?

Thanks!
brian

B

bender

Schiller's in St. Louis is hosting a Leica event on 09-09-09. Rick Weinstein the Leica rep will be there all day to introduce a new unannounced product.

---Kent
Thanks for the info! Doesn't look like I will be able to make the road trip as the week is already booked solid...

thanks again.