The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX100 - getting started

rayyan

Angor..a city that overshadows anything left by the Greeks or Romans. Ruled for centuries by the Khymer. A city so grand and complex that its mysteries are still to be uncovered.

The French explorer describes a city of temples on a scale unprecedented in the annals of human civilization. The biggest religious city that was constructed in the history of mankind.

Angor Wat, is just one temple belonging to the lost city of Angor. Till now, the largest.

As I noted previously, if only stones could speak..

Angor Wat is just not one temple building but an entire temple complex. Just one, in the city of Angor. The size? Angor Wat is bigger than Manhattan.

If only stones could talk.

rayyan

Time to wrap up this post for now.

This journey was short. One could spend a lifetime, and still would be amazed.
The civilization then, and the people now. But they have not lost touch with their past; rather are extremely proud of their past. Want to preserve it. But the skyscrapers continue to be built..construction at a frantic pace.

Angor belongs not only to Cambodia, but to all of us. But more to them, as it is their legacy.

Tomorrow I bid goodbye to Cambodia, and head out home.
I take back wonderful memories with me. Of all the countries I visited and all the people I met.

To GetDPI, Mimi and Lloyd, my grateful thanks for being being with me, via Rayyan.

Best regards.
Ayesha.

Lloyd

Thank you for letting us come along via your beautiful images! Safe journey home Ayesha!

Mimi and Lloyd

Uaiomex

I've found the quality image of my RX100III to be good enough for almost anything. Where I've found this camera doesn't cut it is on capturing open landscape with clouds and atmospheric effects. It falls miserable. Despite heavy PP massaging they don't improve. I don't know why because on other kind of subjects is just brilliant. I guess small sensors are not quiete there yet.
I know is not me because I'm an accomplished landscape shooter. I'll keep it for sure but for serious and not serious atmospheric landscaping I'll keep using my 6D.
I wonder if Sony will ever produced this marvel with a curved sensor. It would be truly awesome!
Eduardo

rayyan

Thanks a lot Lloyd. It indeed was a fabulous trip.
Rayyan wants to take his cameras there..:D

Best to you and yours.

Thank you! And this is really nice. Great light, and perfect angle to showcase it. Looks like a truly amazing trip.

rayyan

Thanks Lloyd.:salute:

Last image for now from this trip. Nice cam. Point and shoot. I need an eve/ovf though..:)

rayyan

Hermann!! Long time, my friend. Hope all goes well with you and yours. Nice to see you here.

In that case, one last one..

Take care and thanks.

Thanks Lloyd.:salute:

Last image for now from this trip. Nice cam. Point and shoot. I need an eve/ovf though..:)
Hermann!! Long time, my friend. Hope all goes well with you and yours. Nice to see you here.

In that case, one last one..

Take care and thanks.
Rayyan: Thanks a lot for your good wishes, of course I immediately want to reciprocate them: All the best to you and Ayesha and your family!

BTW: If you "need" an EVF/OFV, maybe you "need" an RX 100 Mk III :D. I really like it, and even like it over the RX 100.

So as a proof :) I may add one from the streets of Munich:

"Private Performance", Old Cemetery, Munich

rayyan

Thanks Hermann, mazor.

I did hear that the pop up evf on the mkIII is a bit flimsy. Any thoughts? Then there is the D-lux 6:D

Best to you all.

Rayyan: Thanks a lot for your good wishes, of course I immediately want to reciprocate them: All the best to you and Ayesha and your family!

BTW: If you "need" an EVF/OFV, maybe you "need" an RX 100 Mk III :D. I really like it, and even like it over the RX 100.

So as a proof :) I may add one from the streets of Munich:

"Private Performance", Old Cemetery, Munich

rayyan, think the RX100iii will suit your requirements... EVF wise

Thanks Hermann, mazor.

I did hear that the pop up evf on the mkIII is a bit flimsy. Any thoughts? Then there is the D-lux 6:D

Best to you all.
Rayyan: By no means "flimsy" is an apt evaluation IMHO. To my eyes, on the contrary, it seems to be a rather clever and solid solution in such a small package - though more magnification of course would be even better.

On the other hand, the new offers from Leica/Panasonic are certainly nice as well (didn't shoot them), but weren't you a bit complaining: :D

Nice cam. Point and shoot. I need an eve/ovf though..:)
Then the Sony might be the means of choice for a point and shoot ....IMHO:salute:

mazor

I have had a play with the RX100iii. The pop up EVF did not feel flimsy to me, and has a good positive open and close mechanism. The only issue I may have with the EVF is when you close it to use the LCD, the camera thinks you have finished, and retracts the lens and turns off. Guess once the EVF is up, it should be left up even with LCD use. A good feature when you pop up the EVF when the camera is off, it will power on automatically :)

tbhv55

I have had a play with the RX100iii. The pop up EVF did not feel flimsy to me, and has a good positive open and close mechanism. The only issue I may have with the EVF is when you close it to use the LCD, the camera thinks you have finished, and retracts the lens and turns off. Guess once the EVF is up, it should be left up even with LCD use. A good feature when you pop up the EVF when the camera is off, it will power on automatically :)
I think that I read somewhere recently that a firmware update was due to be released soon, to change the behaviour that you describe i.e. turning off the camera when the EVF is closed.

It would seem logical (to me, at least) to make it a selectable toggle setting, so that the user can choose the way in which it should operate. Whether that is how it will actually be implemented is another matter...