The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LX7 Images

Howard

On Black Friday, I could not resist to purchase the LX7 for the incredible price of $299, including sales taxes. While, I do not feel any of the photos are brilliant, I found the LX7 a nice improvement over my late LX5 with its faster lens, improved LCD, fast focusing and other feature enhancements. The LX7 probably does not match up to some of its competition with larger sensors, but its competition costs much more than $299. Following are a few quick photos I took soon after I got the camera.

The first is the center of a rose.

A self portrait (I liked the 3D effect):

A photo of Harry the Whippet (Not my best dog photo, but if you look in his eye carefully, you will see my reflection taking the photo, very sharp for this small sensor camera.):

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hi Howard,

Great stuff, nothing wrong with those. At that price I'm surprised you didn't buy two, one for each hand!

Certainly for the web and for up to 12x10 inch prints the quality of your pics is much more than adequate.

I'm still enjoying my RX100, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the LX7.

Hope we see more snaps of Harry.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Howard

Gandolfi

Thank you for comments. After viewing the excellent photos you and others had posted on the RX100 thread, I really wanted the RX100 primarily due to its ability to produce sharp, well exposed images in a variety of circumstances. The RX100's small size, large and high resolution sensor also attracted me, but the LX7 seemed like such a great value I could not pass up.

Since getting the LX7, i have not been disappointed. Harry also appreciates your comments about him.

Howard

Last edited:

Howard

A few photos I took at Disneyland. I was satisfied with the photos when the conditions were bright but had few keepers when I increased the ISO above 400.

biomed

A few photos I took at Disneyland. I was satisfied with the photos when the conditions were bright but had few keepers when I increased the ISO above 400.QUOTE]

That has been my experience with Panasonic P&S cameras. At ISO 400 and below they are very good. I missed the cyber Monday specials on the LX7 so I ended up buying the LX5.

Howard

I had a LX5 and got many very good photos with it. Unfortunately my LX5 was lost, I would have waited for one of the larger sensor P&S, but they were not worth twice the price of a LX7 at Cyber Friday pricing. However at current prices the LX5 is a great deal. Good luck with your LX5.

Howard

A few of many from a trip that I took on a trip to Northern California. I am very impressed with the LX7 from both an IQ and a handling standpoint.

Howard

Maggie,

The photo you just posted is brilliant. I rate it "WOW", the highest rating I can think of.

Howard

Thank you Maggie -- Do you ever get the felling that we are only ones on this forum that are using the LX7 as their pocket camera?

Last edited:

Maggie O

Thank you Maggie -- Do you ever get the felling that we are only ones on this forum that are using the LX7 as their pocket camera?
Well, so far that seems to be the case. I've had mine for less than a week, tho'.

I guess we just need to spread the gospel of what a great little camera this is!

Oren Grad

Well, so far that seems to be the case. I've had mine for less than a week, tho'.
N >= 3: I couldn't resist the December fire-sale either. Just haven't had a chance to put much mileage on mine yet. Everything in good time.

Carry on... :)