The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

My gosh, lots of interesting photographs! Bravo!
I have to get out more. Been working at my desk too much of the time lately.

G

Spring in the desert at Saguaro National Park
Sony Zeiss 24-70mm at 70mm @ f8

Rock pile in Joshua Tree National Park
Zeiss 18mm at @ f10

Desert textures
Sony Zeiss 24-70mm at 30mm @ f9

Kamoulox

Nice shots on this page, congratulations To all of you!

A small One with my A7 and 24-70mm

scho

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Couple of detail shots at an old (1800's) Greek Revival style mansion near Geneva, NY. NEX5N-IR + 40mm f/2 M-Rokkor, processing through AccuRaw-Monochrome.

Last edited:

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

A segment of the Seattle skyline and one of the Port Terminals.

A7r, Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2.8 C/Y, 1/8000s, -1/3 EV, ISO 200

A7r, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4, 70mm, 1/500s @ f/7.1, -1/3 EV, ISO 200

Cheers, Matt
Boy, has Seattle ever changed! I was a frequent (monthly) visitor there from about 1971-1980 and the tallest thing was the Space Needle! Is the old Olympic Hotel still there? Used to be a Westin in my day but I'm sure it's now changed. It was where I stayed and loved it. And how about Rossellini's 412? Fabulous food but I bet it's gone too!

Bill

Barry Haines

Continuing my morbid mood of late (apologies) and the flat lighting that we keep on getting every other day, I present you...
Ten Benches at Treyarnon
All taken with a mixture of Voigtlander 35mm f1.2 and FE55 f1.8 lenses on the A7R.

Cheers Barry

m_driscoll

Savoy Bear, Swiss Goat, Frog with Bagpipes, Chipmunk, portrait of Abbey (deceased), and wooden hand...alright, we're a little weird!

A7, Sony Zeiss 35mm f/2.8, 1/50s @ f/2.8, ISO 1600

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Boy, has Seattle ever changed! I was a frequent (monthly) visitor there from about 1971-1980 and the tallest thing was the Space Needle! Is the old Olympic Hotel still there? Used to be a Westin in my day but I'm sure it's now changed. It was where I stayed and loved it. And how about Rossellini's 412? Fabulous food but I bet it's gone too!

Bill
Bill: I was here for a lot of that decade (more, or, less here!). The city has changed a bit. The Olympic Hotel is still here. It's now a "Fairmont". Very nice. All of the Rossellini Restaurants are gone. My father would take me there if I was presentable.

Cheers, Matt

Annna T

Susan Roberts RIP
A7R + CV35/f1.2 & FE55/f1.8 lenses

This is really the nicest bank in your series. The angle of view brings out the interesting curves much better than many other pics of this bench, which I found through Google while trying to find out who that lady Susan Robert was.. (Didn't find anything about her, BTW).

What are all these benches ? Do they indicate someone committed suiccide there ? Or are there only there to remember a defunct who liked that shore while living ?

And I prefer the first more saturated version to the second one. What the light can do..

Michiel Schierbeek

New trend; big group bicycle excursions through Amsterdam with helmets.
Local cyclist have to watch out for these inexperienced city bikers :lecture:

Barry Haines

This is really the nicest bank in your series. The angle of view brings out the interesting curves much better than many other pics of this bench, which I found through Google while trying to find out who that lady Susan Robert was.. (Didn't find anything about her, BTW).

What are all these benches ? Do they indicate someone committed suiccide there ? Or are there only there to remember a defunct who liked that shore while living ?

And I prefer the first more saturated version to the second one. What the light can do..
Hi Annna T,

Many thanks for your comments, I am really glad that you liked those 2 images as I also like those ones in particular (The Susan Roberts bench is very close to a 30ft drop into the ocean and is my favorite bench).

I was trying to document the bench as a whole in the ever changing light from all the different perceivable angles before the Atlantic ocean swallowed it up altogether (Erosion along this cliff area is pretty bad).

The close up of the plaque shows the erosion of the bench in just 20 years!

The benches are all spread out on about a half mile strip of land between Constantine bay and Treyarnon bay.

Re: Susan Roberts and her identity I guess will have to stay a mystery as I am afraid I have nothing to add...As the simple plaque gives me nothing to work upon for research.

All the other varying benches are of mostly lost ones (From the very young to even pets and several young guys killed on motorcycles).

Alison and I have visited here many times and used to sit on one particular bench set back from the sea...We were quite surprised to see a 10ft diameter sink hole (50ft drop into the sea below) had developed and swallowed up the bench on our return visit!

A couple more but bench ends this time....I was bemused that somebody put a sock over the top of one of the benches.

Cheers Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.