The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Abstraction

1. Abstraction

Behind the picture: share your thinking

I saw these two trees behind the barbed wire fence and I loved how the barbed wire cut across the trees. I looked for a good angle and I realized that the house is made up of horizontal and vertical lines. I wanted the fence to cut through the house and the trees. Then, I decided I wanted the...
  2. Abstraction

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Xe2 Canon FD 50mm f1.8
  3. Abstraction

Did any one wonder....

I don't know about phase two, but phase 3 is profit.
  4. Abstraction

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

X-e2 Canon fd 135mm f2.8
  5. Abstraction

Inkjet vs c-type prints in 2024

C prints have never been archival and as far as color quality is concerned, have never held a candle to Cibachrome or even R prints. That was the reason most fine art photographers shot either slide film or black and white negative film during the film era. I had Lambda prints made of my work...
  6. Abstraction

Let's see some abstracts

Objects in motion
  7. Abstraction

IQ5 rumors

I think Soup is a ventriloquist and he uses Matt as a vehicle to espouse his very deep and profound thoughts on various subjects - photographic and otherwise.
  8. Abstraction

IQ5 rumors

We don't want this to devolve into an animal measuring contest.
  9. Abstraction

IQ5 rumors

How many megapixels does one need to take pictures of one's cat? Inquiring minds want to know.
  10. Abstraction

What we all strive for:

One of the most important aspects, the one that will hold people's attention is tension. Tension can be lines coming to a point, it could be the juxtaposition of incongruous colors or anything that conveys a feeling of anticipation. Stanley's picture has tension in the way the bird and tree...
  11. Abstraction

How about more and more fun with Canon...

5D2 70-210 f4
  12. Abstraction

Landscapes

13. Abstraction

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

X-e2 Canon fd 35mm f2.8
  14. Abstraction

Fun with MF images 2024

Then it should serve as an impetus for you to start drinking again. 😜😜