The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by AndyPtak

1. A

Anyone ordered the GFX-Phase1 smart adpater from Kipon?

Anyone try the 40-80 zoom Blue Ring on the Fuji?
  2. A

Anyone ordered the GFX-Phase1 smart adpater from Kipon?

Anyone know if this works on a LS Blue Ring? I've had adapters before that don't.
  3. A

Sigma fp L and Rm3di

There's a thread somewhere - maybe on this site - about using it with an Alpa.
  4. A

Crop factor calculations for a dummy.

I'm McGivering a Sony RX100 to act as my viewfinder and light meter on my Cambo and P45+. I've got the mechanics worked out so far, but I'm completlely stumped when trying to work out the equivelance of my SK 47MM on the Cambo to an equivelant lens size on the 1" sensor of the Sony. Any math...
  5. A

Leica Disto question

Wow! That's a lot of information Dave. Many, many thanks.
  6. A

Leica Disto question

Thanks Dave. I have a 60 and a 47, both Schneider Digitar XL's. My 35 already has a ring, curtesy of Guy Mancuso. My 60 is a tilt, but I never tilt. What do you mean by "create my own tape"? I bought the Cambo from Steve Hendrix and I'm guessing I'll have to go back to him on this because I'm...
  7. A

Leica Disto question

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. I'm in Toronto and contacted my dealer regarding the other half of this equation - Alpa HPF rings for my Schneiders and Cambo. I mentioned that I understood that they had to be shimmed and asked if they could also do that for me. This is the biggest MF dealer in...
  8. A

Leica Disto question

Which model do most users have? I just checked the most basic ones - on a budget - and the range was either 130 ft or 330 ft. Is that enough because beyond that is infinity setting on a lens? Thanks.
  9. A

New "large" medium format sensor on the horizon?

This is obviously a well informed group. Can someone explain to this moron what the advanteges of a global shutter might be? Isn't a shutter just something that goes "click?".
  10. A

Any comments, experiences on Blue Ring 40-80 zoom?

I just got one and have limited use on my DF. I'm waiting to find a good deal on an XF to truly find out the potential. Any tips, experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.
  11. A

KIPON Mamiya645-S/E ES 0.7x Adapter

You make a good point. Hadn't even thought of that. I've found it difficult to get correct information about using Blue Rings on anything other than a Phase XF. Even people who I think should know have given me contrary information. I think that Phase must not be very cooperative when it comes...
  12. A

KIPON Mamiya645-S/E ES 0.7x Adapter

I'm considering getting one of the subject adapters so I can use my Phase Blue Ring on my FF Sony gear. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with them? They cost almost $1300 so I'm trying to do my homework before I make a decision. Does it maintain image quality is my big question. Thanks.