The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by bab

1. bab

Dawn at the sea

Left side of image to bright
  2. bab

Growing concern over availability of XCD (older style) and New V lenses

It might not be the old rules of Supply and Demand were as when demand increases supply increases and prices decrease. The current marketing strategy of supply chain management has been just like Ferrari and Rolex to decrease the supply, eliminating many dealers, and I have a long, waiting list...
  3. bab

Cleaning clogged printer nozzles

I had a great experience from an epson service provider for my P8000 for what I thought was a fair price 1000k they replace the head and all bad parts. A box of parts was shipped to my studio from Epson and the job took 4 hours (I don't think they made out) printer now works perfectly. Once the...
  4. bab

Need help - looking for a workaround to get distortion correction for GF 30mm TS in Photoshop

adapted wide angle filter PS does most of the heavy lifting
  5. bab

Print Fotos Typ of Paper Recommendation

Epson Legacy Platine can't go wrong with this paper as a start its a number one stock if your B&W is processed correctly and your not converting a color image to gray scale losing 2/3 of the data in the file.
  6. bab

Leica SL3

if there was an M12 with 9.5m EVF, flip screen and IBIS would you buy the BRICK SL3?
  7. bab

X shutter alternatives in the future?

Doesn't seem to me like someone couldn't manufacture an X shutter if the distribution for such was a prudent endeavor! Hasselblad, Area Swiss, Cambo and Alpa all had the same chance to market thier products with using technical lenses and an X shutter....My guess is it was either timing or...
  8. bab

What do we want to see in the next generation of digital backs and MF cameras?

A tri fold display with the resolution of the new phones would suffice
  9. bab

It is Finally Here, 907x 100c

Just like Sony cameras always dead when put in carrying bag loaded with battery (is it just my luck?)
  10. bab

Thinking about the Hassi XCD2 plus 2-3 lenses

if you don't need viewfinder information that's available on most other mirrorless cameras, don't need to set warning for blown highlights in viewfinder, don't use a B&W profile for the viewfinder, don't require a joystick and can live without most mirrorless comfort features the X2D is for you...
  11. bab

(SOLD) Leica SL 75mm f/2

sent you a pm
  12. bab

im interested I live in NB any chance your coming this way anytime soon?

im interested I live in NB any chance your coming this way anytime soon?
  13. bab

CFV 100C?

This is all too exciting to read and discuss but why don't they just put the needed finishing touches on the x2d-100c first?
  14. bab

Broncolor tubes v phoxene

maybe try to search out who makes the tubes for Bron Color that may offer you some clue, I use Broncolor and love it but yes its overpriced not just because its really good...its overpriced period.