The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by daz7

1. D

Newly purchased GFX100S has red tint

I always thought that the magenta/pink cast was an inherent feature of most CMOS sensors, maybe with exception of trichromatic backs and quite possible iq 4150. I could see it quite commonly on Sony CMOS sensors and almost never on older CCD ones (which for a change sometimes tend to give a...
  2. D

How to implement the one-shot wake up and release with phaseone digital back on Sinar M body??

@HurtKestrel2210 I have checked my Sinam M and yes, the manual release socket works with any 2.5mm jack cable. So, I am guessing that if you manage to find a one-shot cable from Phase One then all you need is to get a female pc connector to 2.5mm jack cable, which should be quite easy to make.
  3. D

IQ 60MP VS 100MP (color comparison only)

my Sinar Exact has the same sensor as IQ260 but is cropped to 49x37mm. Unfortunately I do not have a phase 100mp back to compare but the colors look awesome to my liking - they are rich without being over-saturated and I am especially happy with the fact that on CCD sensors there is no slightest...
  4. D

How to implement the one-shot wake up and release with phaseone digital back on Sinar M body??

I've found a nice write up on getdpi on how to build a DIY version of a true one shot cable for Phase One backs: https://www.getdpi.com/forum/index.php?threads/diy-one-shot-wake-up-shutter-release-cable-e-g-phase-one-iq4-to-hasselblad-v-lens-with-leaf-shutter.69361/ I think that you can order a...
  5. D

I am not sure how to wake it up with phase one back - I've been using the SInar M with Sinar backs only where no cable is needed. I am guessing that the normal Phase One wake up cable would do (the same as being used with large format cameras), since there are manual flash trigger sockets on...
  6. D

Can you explain what software is used to get this image

that's just a lot of manual processing through PS - once you know what you are in for, you can speed it up a bit and keep consistent by creating actions and saving your brushes / presets. The painterly look can be obtained by manual retouching / painting over on the tablet with a pen and the...
  7. D

Linos Inspec lens (105mm macro) - fungus or dust?

Thanks, @rdeloe - great idea and I will try to make a rear baffle for that lens soon. By the way, how do you calculate the needed rear diameter for the baffle so it would not obstruct the image circle? Am I right to think that to calculate I should take the optical centre of the lens, calculate...
  8. D

Thanks guys. I have taken a good look at the glass and it seems to be clear, so hopefully that's not fungus but metal corrosion as @4x5Australian suggested. By the way, is it even possible for fungi to live on metal only, not on glass? I have decided to keep the lens and the seller (who did...
  9. D

Hi guys, I have recently bought a Linos Inspec.x L 105mm macro lens from China. This is an industrial lens, basically the same as Rodenstock macro 105mm float, but with the floating element set at a rigid 1:3 scale. The price was excellent, the delivery took ages, but now, when it finally...
  10. D

ALPA FPS question?

Rodenstock (well, Linos) makes machine vision lenses capable of going above 200lp/mm, for example d.fine, czy inspec.x f4 lens. I think both lenses have around 80mm image circle and probably more at higher magnification ratios. Linos says that D.fine HR 128mm can resolve up to 300lp/mm on 150M...
  11. D

Remounting lens in Copal

I like Sinar P2 and P3 cameras for their built in mechanism to correct parallelism - all you need is a small, long hex key and you can adjust the zero position angle to stay parallel. There are two hidden slots under the top plate to adjust it. If you are patient and spend an hour or two, you...
  12. D

Do you long to transition from MFD to LF?

What i miss the most is ability to shoot at f32 or even f64 practically with no penalty on sharpness, and amazing highlights on film. With digital it is really difficult to get as much depth of the field and highlights get overblown easily.
  13. D

A macro lens for the view camera

I have used a makro symmar HM 180mm lens (in an aperture mount but you can get them in shutters too) a couple of times and it is outstanding for true macro if you need movements. Quality wise it is on par with Rodenstock's 120mm macro but gives you over 200mm of image circle and you can shoot...
  14. D

What F-Stop range do you use

In a multi shot mode for some reason I can get away with smaller apertures and to my eyes f22 looks like f16 on a single shot sensor, diffraction wise. I am using generally f8-f16 with occasional f22 and even f32 depending on the subject (50mp nultishot sensor)
  15. D

Remounting lens in Copal

From experience (and I have only had two electronic shutters), the spacing between mounting faces were slightly lesser than those of copal mechanical shutters. The difference was around 0.2mm and there was always a shim in electornic shutters to compensate for that. In my eyes, it looked like...