The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Focusrite

1. F

Remounting lens in Copal

This does look like a solid method for keeping the lens calibration consistent between different shutters (and definitely the method I would prefer!); or at the very least a good benchmark/baseline to start at before further optical tests and tweaking to see if further improvements might be...
  2. F

Intrepid making new lens with mech shutter

Their prototype shutter looks 3D printed, which would be a good way to guarantee a lifetime of spare parts availability, aside from perhaps the electronics for actuation. It will be interesting to see if once they have completed the proof-of-concept they will switch over to machined aluminium or...
  3. F

DIY projects

Thanks for the info! Good to hear that those helicoids are satisfactory.
  4. F

DIY projects

Very cool! I've pondered whether a hybrid 6:17 film/digital camera could be viable, but the amount of shifting needed to cover even close to the full film size with a digital back would be rather impractical for a host of reasons: your project is a great practical solution! This is something...
  5. F

Your favourite “bang for the buck” lenses

I can happily vouch for the Pentax 645 D-FA 55mm f2.8. I use it on the GFX50R with a modded tilt-shift adapter and stitch 2:1 panoramas from 11mm shifts. The edges and corners are good ( not great ), and it needs to be stopped down for edge sharpness. It's never bitingly sharp across the...
  6. F

Positive feedback for JeffK

Purchased a Cambo WRS mount & helical from JeffK. The transaction went smoothly with great communication, and the item was securely packaged and arrived quickly and safely. Would be more than happy to purchase from JeffK again!
  7. F

Grandagon 65mm N MC usable image circle on digital?

I will certainly do that! Might be a wee-while away, but I'll report back when able.
  8. F

Thanks everyone for your opinions and experiences; the Grandagon is now firmly on the list! I've started poking around for a candidate to purchase. I'll broaden my net to include the Sinaron W and the Caltar-II N, but overall there are plenty of inexpensive copies out there by the looks of it...
  9. F

That's a brilliant find with the MTF chart; I had hunted for one but was not able to find anything official. The 20lp/mm line is very encouraging, although it is beginning to suffer a little near the edge of my intended image capture circle. Edges should be quite even with the centre, corners...
  10. F

Hello all, just wanting a few opinions on the Rodenstock Grandagon 65mm f4.5 N MC. I'm planning out a set of tech lenses for landscape work, and the Grandagon 65mm has been mentioned a couple of times fairly recently, with users being pleasantly surprised with how well it performs on digital...
  11. F

Mamiya 645 AFD - Viewfinder Magnification Solution

Well I found the article, but it only goes over a few different options, such as the FD402, a cheap monocular and the Zeiss. Not really much info but may be of interest to someone. https://www.josephholmes.com/news/2009/4/9/getting-top-quality-from-medium-format Out of curiosity, you are...
  12. F

Mamiya 645 AFD - Viewfinder Magnification Solution

I'd be curious to know what other options are available as well, or at least experiences with the FD402. There was an online blog post I read a few years ago of which also sent me down the monocular route. After wasting a few dollars on one of the cheaper ones that barely seemed to magnify...
  13. F

An optical mystery from adapted Mamiya N 43mm f/4.5 L lens

Curious as to whether there will be a repeat test of lens cast with the GFX100S? This thread has me rather fascinated with this lens, and I'm also certainly interested in whether the 100mp sensor may actually be the perfect (more affordable) digital back for shifting.
  14. F

Phase One glass and Fuji GFX

Just saw this today. It seems that Kipon now have a pre-order running on two types of Phase One - Mamiya 645 / GFX adapters. Both have electrical contacts for aperture control, but neither appear to have autofocus. One has the 0.8x focal reducer built in. Early birds get a discount. I don't...
  15. F

Phase One glass and Fuji GFX

Kipon will probably be your best hope for something in the future. They now have a Contax 645 adapter for GFX with a 0.8x focal reducer and full aperture control. They also have a Mamiya 645 to Sony E adapter with full aperture control available. They also made a post on their FaceBook page...