The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by grappa

1. grappa

Phase One P21+ Is it really as good as I think ?

Over the years I have used way too many cameras always searching for some magic in sharpness,ISO-I'm sure you all know the drill. Just this morning I dug out my old Phase One P21+. Not the best for iso,pixels,or other parameters compared to newer cameras. However, the color has a richness that I...
  2. grappa

Nikon Df

In the shadows with the Df Light and dark with the Df
  3. grappa

Nikon Df

High ISO and f16 in a dim breakfast nook.
  4. grappa

Nikon Df

Even after reading all the bad press etc. I got one just because of it's using the D4 sensor. Turns out that it's easily the favorite (right now ) of my many cameras including the Mark 3 and the 800E. I love the ergonomics of using the wheels instead of the menus,but most of all I can shoot at...
  5. grappa

From Haselblad to Nikon

Good idea! When you remember please let me know. I can't seem to find this out in my setup. Thanks.
  6. grappa

Contax 645 lens to Hasselblad or Nikon adapter

i have a nice collection of Contax 645 lenses I would like to use with my Hasselblad 645. Can anyone tell me where to get the best adapter ? Maybe even to my Nikon 800 ? Is there anyway to get the autofocus to work on either camera ?
  7. grappa

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Fruit close-up with 90mm
  8. grappa

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Taken in Chicago with a 50mm Summarit.
  9. grappa

The Monochrom competition

Vaporware ? Are you talking about the Leica ? I have been trying to find one since they came out. Why do they make a product and keep it in such short supply ?
  10. grappa

Capture One 7.01 Released

OK I tried to DL again on another computer and again from the Euro server and again saying I was from Italy. No success. File sizes are all across the board. Quite a puzzle.
  11. grappa

Thanks for the tip,but Every time I DL the file size is different. Usually 25 to 36 megs. I tried the Euro server also.
  12. grappa

The image does not seem to open on my Mac. It says it is not recognized. Running the latest Mountain Lion. Image is only 36.2 megs. Anyone else ?
  13. grappa

D800E/D800 Live much better than viewfinder.

You got it! My problems exhibit at closer distances,2 to 6 feet usually. Also several of my lenses are at the adjustment limit. This is all on the D800 since I have not messed with the 800E too much yet.
  14. grappa

CD focus ? I'm lost here. There is a local to Chicago place to get help ? Thanks for your reply. BTW I have made some adjustments to the D800 so it is slightly better than the 800 E that I just received. I was hoping that the 800E would be an improvement since it was manufactured later.
  15. grappa

I am shooting the D800 and the D800E. Mounted on a Gitzo tripod. Using Nikon Camera Control 2. Multiple lenses including DC100,50 1.4,etc. Good natural lighting. Varying amount of light. 51 point or 11 point focus. The Live view focus is dead nuts on, viewfinder is out of focus. Strangely the...