The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by hausens

1. H

Poll: What are the most critical IQ5 features you'd upgrade for?

I always have headaches when switching between 4:3 and 3:2 for composition 😂😂😂 Would be surprise to see if IQ5 changes its aspect ratio.
  2. H

IQ4150 power on fail.need help.

Just my guess, it might be the data stored in the flash memory somehow was corrupted. IQ3 uses flash memory for non-volatile memory of fpga. The technology is similar. It shouldn't have a higher failure rate.
  3. H

Fun with Sony Cameras 2023

Sunflower field! Fortunately, I grabbed my camera before going to church. The wildfire affected the lighting. It might take several days to see the blue sky again. Sony A73 w/ Zeiss 24-70/4 T*
  4. H

Fun with MF images 2023

Laser is particularly bad for sensors. They will leave dead columns or rows on the image once frying the sensor.
  5. H

Fun with MF images 2023

Blue ridge parkway P1 IQ3 / SK 80
  6. H

Fun with MF images 2023

Graduation season (IQ3)
  7. H

Fun with Sony Cameras 2022

I was trying to keep up with the limit of the a7m3. Here we go!
  8. H

Fun with MF images 2023

Lake Jordan, NC | Pentax 645D | 45-85/4.5
  9. H

White balance issue on P1 back

The AWB is an additional parameter written in the metadata of a raw file. You will not lose any information if you shoot in other WB but the AWB parameter measured by the camera. However, it’s possible that you can get it back by clicking the magic wand icon in the c1 WB toolbox!
  10. H

It should not have any difference if the photo is shot in raw.
  11. H

Cool implementation! Thanks for the information! Another MFD camera known to have rgb AWB sensor is the Pentax 645z. But neither does it support C1 or exchangeable back.
  12. H

Thank you for your comment! I looked for the specs of HAP focusing system. Haven't found detailed information on its specs. If it uses a RGB sensor, then it's possible that the body can do it.
  13. H

Thank you guys! Daylight is helpful. I found AWB rendered the color temperature of landscape photos from 3000K to 8000+K! It's crazy. It seems that the daylight WB fixes the temperature to 5001k. No weird fluctuation anymore. Now I'm very curious how the other cameras estimate their WB. From my...