The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Jager

1. J

It is Finally Here, 907x 100c

Yeah, no, the PDAF focus aid available when using CFV-100C -> 907x -> XCD lens does NOT work when using CFV-100C -> 907x -> XV Adapter -> V-System Lens. As @Godfrey notes, the XV Adapter is nothing more than a tube with appropriate mounts at either end to bridge the 907x body and a V-System...
  2. J

Yes, the focus indicator works with XCD lenses. It's a really nice feature when manually focusing.
  3. J

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

M10 Monochrom
  4. J

I can only speak empirically to battery life on the 907x/CFV-100c, as I'm not into formal camera testing. But I've shot pretty much every day with it and all I can say is that considering its "viewfinder" is a good-sized LCD screen the battery life seems terrific. It seems quite efficient...
  5. J

Using CFV 100 handheld

A couple of quick handheld shots today. 907x/CFV-100c with XCD 45p. Slave Quarters, Rappahannock County, VA. ISO 64, 1/320 @ f8. crop John Mosby Grave, Fauquier County, VA. ISO 64, 1/500 @ f4. crop
  6. J

Using CFV 100 handheld

I quickly fell in love with the original CFV-50c. When attached to a 500CM and put on a tripod, that 50mp sensor rendered the most beautiful files. Detail, sharpness, color fidelity... it was all there. Artistic merit was still completely on me, of course. But I knew that if I managed to...
  7. J

Certainly there is an enormous amount of educational and entertaining content on YouTube. But I think most "content creators" there - like social media in general - are very focused on clicks and likes and just being noticed. They've monetized their channel and they're looking for the quickest...
  8. J

Using CFV 100 handheld

When I picked up the original CFV-50c some years back, and paired it with my CM-500C, I quickly discovered that the only way I could obtain optimum results was to put it on a tripod and use very careful technique - mirror pre-release and careful triggering of the shutter. I could get nice...
  9. J

C1 laying off people / sale of P1 this year?

Sad news, indeed. But not terribly surprising. High-end image editing software is very much a niche product, catering to a quite small community. That C1 continues to exclude a sizable portion of that market (Hasselblad users) is a strategic decision that continues to reverberate. I...
  10. J

M10 Monochrom vs M246

I own all three Monochrom's. Here are my thoughts... http://www.jeffreyhughes.net/photography/leica_m10_monochrom.html
  11. J

Just received a Hasselblad CFV-50c. But don't know how to check shutter count

There is no user-accessible way to determine total shot count on the CFV-50c. There probably is a way for Hasselblad technicians to determine that number (Ivo is likely on the right track), but whatever procedure that might be has never been publicized. The shot count displayed on the screen...
  12. J

Hasselblad CF 50mm vs. CFi 50mm lens?

I own both the CF/FLE 50 and the newer CFi 50. Both used primarily with the CFV-50c. As others have mentioned, they are optically identical. Although I slightly prefer the CFi, I confess I cannot really see the purported color/contrast benefits the newer lens is supposed to bring. I...
  13. J

Where is the X1D ????

Thanks for this. Notwithstanding that this was clearly a very carefully-crafted response from the upper echelons at Hasselblad, it's still a nice gesture. That said, teasing it apart a little bit... As others have noted, saying that end-user orders will start being fulfilled this month isn't...
  14. J

Hasselblad X1D

One of the X1D reports yesterday suggested that the first shipment of production cameras was going to dealers and reps as demo's; and to ambassadors. So Ming probably hasn't yet received his. And if the communique from Sweden is to be taken literally - they are only just shipping out - then...
  15. J

Hasselblad X1D

I'd far rather have a sensor whose thermal boundaries are controlled such that they don't affect camera operation or image quality when that camera is used as designed. Frankly, wondering about my sensor's temperature is something I'd prefer not to do! That the XF-100 includes such a readout...