The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by jamesk8752

1. jamesk8752

Hi Brian, I miss you on RFF! One of the posts there said that you were still active at...

Hi Brian, I miss you on RFF! One of the posts there said that you were still active at GetDPI.com so I am contacting you here. Do you still do service work on Russian RF lenses? I have an Industar-22 that needs attention if you are willing to provide it. Your old Comcast email address is no...
  2. jamesk8752

Dedicated Forum for Ricoh?

+1! I believe that a Ricoh thread would be great for the growing number of GXR plus Mount M users, and might generate more traffic on this site. Regards, Jim
  3. jamesk8752

WTB: Voigtlander 15

I have a near-mint copy in silver I'd be willing to sell. PM sent. Regards, Jim
  4. jamesk8752

WTB: Leica Elmar 50mm f3.5 LTM

I'm looking for an uncoated version of this lens, preferably prewar, in decent condition, to use on the IIIa body I just purchased from Helen Hill. Please either PM me or send me an email to <[email protected]> if you have one to offer. Thanks! Regards, Jim
  5. jamesk8752

FS: Leica Elmar 50mm f3.5 LTM Collapsible

Is this lens still available? Edit: Thanks for the PM updating its status. Glad you sold it; sorry it was not to me! Regards, Jim
  6. jamesk8752

Oh, what's happened to RFF?

RFF is up but running very slowly... I just checked and RFF is still up but running very slowly. Probably getting lots of hits putting a temporary overload on the server. Regards, Jim
  7. jamesk8752

RFF back up again! Seems like everything is restored as of about two hours ago, at first glance... Regards, Jim
  8. jamesk8752

SOLD: Leica 50 f/2 Summicron M IV

The lens arrived today and it is perfect! Thanks, Charles. :) Regards, Jim
  9. jamesk8752

ZM18 - UV/IR Filter Required?

In addition to magenta-tinged blacks, you will find that foliage colors are definitely improved by using a UV/IR filter on your M8. The difference is dramatic! Regards, Jim
  10. jamesk8752

ZM18 - UV/IR Filter Required?

In addition to magenta-tinged blacks, you will find that foliage colors are definitely improved by using a UV/IR filter on your M8. The difference is dramatic!
  11. jamesk8752

It's been down for several days now. I guess that Stephen Gandy must be traveling... or had a massive server crash!
  12. jamesk8752

SOLD: Leica 50 f/2 Summicron M IV

Re: FS: Leica 50 f/2 Summicron M IV Charles- PM sent. If it's still available at $1400 including PayPal fee and shipping I'll take it. Thanks! Regards, Jim
  13. jamesk8752

Ricoh GXR M-module

Image of the GXR M-module at a Japanese site; looks like the FP shutter will be open at rest, as the sensor is visible. Perhaps Ricoh will use live view until the shutter is actuated, first covering, then exposing the sensor, then covering it again. Or it's just a prototype without the...
  14. jamesk8752

Ricoh GXR - quick review

Hate to admit it, but your enthusiasm for the GRD/28 got me interested and now I have one too... So far it seems to be an excellent walkaround camera, at least for me. I have a lot to learn if I am to use all of its functionality, though. Regards, Jim
  15. jamesk8752

FS: Leica 50mm Noctilux ASPH

Let's see... I could sell the car... nahhh. I'd love to have this lens someday, though!