The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by jaybob20

1. J

On strong passwords... xkcd: Password Strength

On strong passwords... xkcd: Password Strength
  2. J

FS: Screen DT-S1030AI Drum Scanner

Added some more scans and pictures. Also got an extra drum and mount helper/station. New price $700
  3. J

Igor's Camera Exchange- good or bad experience?

I bought a Noblex 150 UX from Igor, said it was CLA. Well it has a light leak. He had me send it to his tech (Kyong W. Kim) and said it was between me and the tech to work things out!?!?!? Tech told me I didn't know how to load film, so I sent him some negs showing the leak. Then the tech sent...
  4. J

FS: Screen DT-S1030AI Drum Scanner

I have a working Screen DT-S1030AI drum scanner. Comes with 1 drum, and 2 beige Power PC Mac G3s. Drum is pretty clean, no crazing. One mac is for parts, but should run, I haven't tested. The "working" mac needs a little warm up, I added a VGA card, can be temperamental. $600 I'm in West Los...
  5. J

FS: Noblex Pro 06/150 w/Docter Tessar 4.5/50 lens + extra slow speeds

How about $1000 oh and it is on the bay now... Added some more photos taken with this camera. They are the last five. the inside shots are at 1/2s exposure, I moved across the room during the exposure, slight blur in the middle.
  6. J

FS: Noblex Pro 06/150 w/Docter Tessar 4.5/50 lens + extra slow speeds

I have a Noblex Pro 06/150. Serviced by Precision Camera Works in last few months (have invoice). This is an early model, low serial number and has the Docter lens in it. This camera also has slower "shutter" speed settings I've never seen on any other 06/150. Speeds are...
  7. J

FS: Hasselblad 1000f with 80mm CZ and 120 back

Ok, lens is different and I have some better pics. The lens I'm not including has some haze in the rear element, cementing layer. Doesn't seem to cause any problems, but contrast might be reduced slightly. Here are a bunch of pictures: 1000f setup Oh new price, $750 and 2 backs 16 (645) and 12...
  8. J

FS: Hasselblad 250mm f/5.6 C T* priced to clear away

USPS medium flat rate box for ~$11... Converters for DSLRs are around ~$50-$75. Less than $200 you have Carl Zeiss glass on your camera! I'd get it if I didn't already have one. Good luck with your sale, a pic or 2 would help ;)
  9. J

Hasselblad 205TCC, 3-FE lenses+ Acc

Got a note from the seller, this sold.
  10. J

FS: Hasselblad 1000f with 80mm CZ and 120 back

It might be my first post here, kinda a lone wolf when it come to photography. I shoot only film. I tying to reduce my gear to what I'm actually using regularly. I have a Hasselblad 1000f CLA last week. Lens was also CLA last week. Great shooter, looks real nice too. Cocked shutter looks...
  11. J

Sharpening settings for film scans

If you are scanning B+W, scan it in color, then select the sharpest channel. I found my scanner will average RGB in monochrome mode and the RGB elements are not exactly in line. You will see the shift when you look at the RGB scan of a B+W neg and switch through the channels.