The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by John Black

1. J

Recommended technician for Mamiya 200mm APO

Thanks Rob. Reached out to Bob and no dice. They are NOT accepting repairs on Mamiya equipment. Maybe SK Grimes...?...
  2. J

Recommended technician for Mamiya 200mm APO

My Mamiya 200/2.8 needs its greased replaced. I'd seen Bill Roger's name on some threads, but he says he doesn't work on the Mamiya 200 APO. From time to time Don (DAG) has worked on some non-Leica lenses for me, but he's too busy these days, so he declined to work on the 200mm APO too. So...
  3. J

Lee System 100mm Wide Angle Lens Hood & Adapters

The Lee System 100mm Wide Angle Hood comes with Lee's 67mm and 82mm wide angle adapter rings. The hood, soft case & adapters are all in like new condition. Despite looking large, the hood is quite light and did not stress the lens in any way. If needed, hood mount & filter holder section can...
  4. J

When will IQ4 150 hit sub US $10k?

But there are factors in favor of the Hasselblad 100c, for example you could beat it to bits with a hammer, buy a second new one and still be into for less than one used IQ4-150. Technical considerations like battery life and how the batteries perform in different conditions (temperatures)...
  5. J

When will IQ4 150 hit sub US $10k?

The original Fuji GFX 100s and subsequent X2D didn't do alot to move the IQ4-150 price point, so it seems unlikely the GFX 100 II or the Hasselblad 100 MP back will change things much. If a next generation 100 MP or 150 MP 44x33mm digital back comes to market, that'll likely be tipping point.
  6. J

C1 laying off people / sale of P1 this year?

And the IQ3-50. And, depending on how someone wants to count the Leaf products after Phase One purchased, there are those products too. Phase One had ALOT of cropped sensors. Ah, the joys of those plastic films for the OVF with the with the accurate (massive sarcasm!) frame lines for the crop :)
  7. J

FS: SmallRig L-Bracket for the Fuji GFX 100

This L-bracket is for the original Fuji GFX 100 (not the 100s). It is mint condition. $45 shipped and PayPal'd in the US.
  8. J

FS: Hasselblad V to Sony Lens Adapter (Novoflex)

The Novoflex HARING and NEXA adapter allows lenses like the Hasselblad 110mm FE to be mounted to a Sony A7rV or similar. This is adapter set-up is very strong and can easily support any Hasselblad V lenses. The HARING is in excellent condition with light signs of use. The NEXA portion was...
  9. J

FS: Elinchrom ELB 400 To Go Light Kit

I purchased the Elinchrom kit new from B&H several years ago. It has been used only in a home studio environment (in an overhead soft box because these lights are very light). The kit has never been outdoors or exposed to any type of harsh conditions. The kit includes - • Elinchrom Quadra HS...
  10. J

SOLD - Arca Swiss Rm3di with Extras

BUMP - price reduction.
  11. J

SOLD - Arca Swiss Rm3di with Extras

I've held onto the for Rm3di for nostalgic reasons, but it's time for it to move onto to a new home. The camera is excellent condition and all the controls operate smoothly. There is some light edge wear for normal use, but no dings, or scrapes. The camera has been gently used and never...
  12. J

Fuji GF 30mm Tilt Shift and Rodenstock 32mm HR Digaron-W Lens Comparison

Just a suggestion - the "crunch" in my experience stems from the radius value (in C1). I prefer to up the amount, decrease the radius, lower the threshold and apply halo suppression. For example, I think the M11 is rather soft looking (as if there is an AA filter) relative to the M10-R /...
  13. J

Fuji GF 30mm Tilt Shift and Rodenstock 32mm HR Digaron-W Lens Comparison

Crunchy or not, if the Schneider and Rodenstock results were what I was getting off the IQ3-100 or IQ4-150, I'd be upset. I'm just looking at the crops posted by Rob. I haven't read Warren's article, so maybe I'll have a different opinion after reading it, but if going solely by the crops...
  14. J

Digital medium format in 2024 – it's not dead!

Hi Steve - I'm not asking this question to poke holes in what you wrote, it's just genuine curiosity - wouldn't you get the same benefit from something like a GFX II with the their new tilt-shift lenses?