The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by larkis

1. L

Pentax 645z and profoto strobes

Has anyone used this combination with their 645Z? I have profoto strobes that I would like to trigger with my 645Z, is getting HHS possible?
  2. L

New "large" medium format sensor on the horizon?

My reason for asking about a new generation of larger sensors is actually not resolution, but the depth of field and distortion/perspective characteristics those systems have. I know full frame has larger aperture’s and can get more out of focus backgrounds, but a lot of people forget about...
  3. L

New "large" medium format sensor on the horizon?

While the cropped 100MP sensor from sony that is in a bunch of cameras is great, I'm not sure which systems have the larger 150MP variant besides the Phase One cameras. Does anyone know if there are never generations of this sensor size even planned? Seems like this one has been around for quite...
  4. L

Extensive Hasselblad X2D coverage

Seems at least one person does not think the lenses are sharper than the competition, i was hoping that they were given the sample variation the GFX lenses have. https://blog.kasson.com/x2d/38-cxd-on-x2d-45-gf-on-gfx-100s-foliage-edge-crops/
  5. L

I hope Pentax comes back with a MF Mirrorless Camera

Sad but probably true. Even if they did something mirrorless i would not trust them to keep supporting it. Seems like the company brand is propped up by a small but cult like group of fans. To bad, because I still think they made some of the best designed and functional photography tools.
  6. L

Questions for Cambo Actus owners

I happen to have the (updated) 35mm f3.5 Pentax lens, but also have the 25mm f4 Pentax 645 lens (the one with the inset filter). While it's rather large, do you think that one could work ? I usually don't shoot wider than 35mm. My favourite lens on the 4x5 when I was using it a lot was a 210mm...
  7. L

Questions for Cambo Actus owners

I'm looking at getting one of the Actus units for using with my sony and soon the GFX 100s but would like to know a few things from anyone who owns one: 1) Does the setup effect sharpness/resolving power since the lens is further away and the image circle is increased. 2) Are chromatic...
  8. L

Pentax 645Z vs A7RII IQ and bang for the buck

The sample you are showing with the artifacts around the star trail is stuff I have seen in similar images on my end as well. They are in line with some of the things I have experienced around other areas of contrast such as fine branches around tree tops in winter. As far as the banding goes...
  9. L

Pentax 645Z vs A7RII IQ and bang for the buck

I have two A7r's and a Pentax 645D and 645Z. When I got the A7r's, they were a bigger bang for the buck than the 645D in terms of portability, predictable focusing, and lens options and in some cases resolution (due to the ability to get the focus spot on through live view). The downside was the...
  10. L

a7r shots from some hikes

I have been using the Sherpa 100 with a nomad 20 solar panel. It works great assuming you have sunny days. I was charing the 6 a7r batteries plus an inReach satellite communicator and iphone. Depending on how quickly you burn through the camera batteries, you can also charge a laptop. PS: Is...
  11. L

a7r shots from some hikes

I like the size of the A7r's for backpacking in more remote locations. Two bodies and 3 lenses still give room for a solar panel & battery in my 48L backpack, including some support gear. Besides some design annoyances and lame (pre cooked, compressed) raws, I'm enjoying this setup. The forum...
  12. L

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the A7/7R Some shots with the 55mm: And here is a couple with the 35mm:
  13. L

Pentax 645D

I have a lot of 645D images on my blog and if you look at some of my posts on this site you can find them as well. I don't want to re post twice. I really enjoy the camera and think it's one of the best currently shipping Pentax products. To bad their marketing guys don't seem to know what they...
  14. L

Pentax 645D

Congratulations on the 645D, hopefully you enjoy it for a long time. I have used mine in a variety of places and so far is has always performed well. I have been stuck in a typhoon in Japan and a rainforest with it and it also survived. I would suggest being careful when changing lenses in high...
  15. L

Fun with the Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm f/2.8

Nope, was to quick of a moment for manual focus and the autofocus on this lens is pretty darn fast.