The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by leejo

1. L

203FE purchase advise

The care-free shooting is the biggest draw, and was why I ended up getting the 203FE. Serviceability concern may depend on usage - I was traveling with and putting about 100 rolls a year through these cameras, not quite pro/studio level numbers but enough that they needed regular service. If you...
  2. L

203FE purchase advise

I used a 203FE for about 12 years. Also used a 202FA and a 201F, in total about 17 years using the 200 series bodies. I used these out in the air, for multiple projects, sometimes in bad weather, and never babied them in a studio setting. The 202FA was my backup body along side the 203FE as...
  3. L

It is Finally Here, 907x 100c

I've found that the most compelling reason to have the resolution is having cropping options that removes the need for longer lenses, which I can't carry around (tour and snowboard) with me on the pistes anyway. If you're not cropping then I don't think there's a reason to upgrade. I bought the...
  4. L

Other replies above have covered it - Hasselblad's marketing department have sent the 907x/CFV 100c combo to channels optimising for clicks and have got reviews of the camera out in front of a collective audience in the millions (possibly tens of millions). I'm not convinced you can effectively...
  5. L

> What kind of film do you normally shoot with your 500 series? ISO 100, 200 400? The Hassy doesn't mind being shot faster. > (and) > I have no problem shooting 503cw handheld with both film back and IQ160, you don't need new tech to produce decent work. I mean, I had no problem shooting...
  6. L

Well yeah, but on film you don't see it - grain increases apparent sharpness and the resolution is way lower even with high end scans. I'll repeat what I wrote a while back: "There’s a reason why mirrorless is becoming the norm with high resolution digital sensor cameras. When you have a big...
  7. L

I'll start - no IBIS. This is going to absolutely suuuuuuuuuck on V series bodies and maybe even on the 907x without a tripod. Pretty compelling if you're using a tech camera though, got to say.
  8. L

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

The 203FE was the best camera I ever used, and I used it for 12 years. With film. An awful lot of film. The CFV II 50c in combination with it was... OK, but given the crop factor, and that it shows how bad some of the V lenses are, and that it would show up issues with focus when used as a walk...
  9. L

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

I cover this in depth here: https://leejo.github.io/2021/05/31/hasselblad_reality/ Edit, and also here: https://leejo.github.io/2017/03/08/ten_years_with_a_hasselblad/ (although this one is less about the digital back and more about MF cameras in general)
  10. L

X2D 100C Firmware Update (2.0.0)

https://www.hasselblad.com/x-system/firmware/x2d-100c-firmware-update-2-0-0/ Key Adds: Focus Bracketing White Balance Picker Tool Manual Focus Peaking Crop Modes 9/25 View Mode (Browse) 9/25 Delete (Browse) And: Added horizontal and vertical stabilisation options in the Stabilisation Mode...
  11. L

Hasselblad discontinues the H?

I often snowboard with the XPan on and off the pistes, which is where most of the alpine panoramics are shot, so it didn't seem too great a leap to take the CFV II 50c and Toyo 45AII with me (I'd taken the latter a couple of times already) :D
  12. L

I wrote about the compromises at length here: https://leejo.github.io/2021/05/31/hasselblad_reality/
  13. L

The X100[STFV] are astonishingly good cameras, I am in no way surprised by this. Sure different strokes for different folks, but a 100MP version of the CFV is going to be a *massive* bag of compromise. If you want the benefits of the XCD lenses then having the X2D 100C is key. Unless...
  14. L

Not convinced. I was maybe a year or so ago, but not now. Hasselblad/DJI have missed the boat unless they release something *very* compelling - like a significantly larger sensor (ha!) or resolution (right...), pixel shift, IBS, or all of the above. Anyone that can't write their purchases off as...
  15. L

A better assumption is that Hasselblad (DJI, or whoever owns the name and is in charge) knows that if high res digital backs and sensors are now the compelling product then discontinuing camera models with great big flapping mirrors in them is a good move. Not just because of the technicalities...