The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by MartinN

1. M

Small case for 100 x 150mm filter system

Nisi had an excelent leather imitation slide in box, I was lucky to get one, don’t know if they can be found any more. For my Haida glass filters any soft case was no-no but the Nisi was a hard case.
  2. M

Print, black and white, proof view

Yes, many paper manufacturers provide profiles, but a really custom built and measured profile may be even better.
  3. M

A color cast could probably be minimized by a custom built printer profile for your printer and paper.
  4. M

Well, the Epson BW mode vs Normal Color Mode is a bit like comparing apples and oranges. With a good printer profile you should get good BW prints in normal color mode, but you lose the tweaking ability in Epson BW mode. However, you gain ability to proof the result and tweaking can be done...
  5. M

Printer Epson SC-P800, ICC profiles for Epson paper, I doesn’t find

Ok, I read too fast myself, always. Anyways, those profiles are good to have, when Epson has decided to hide them a bit.
  6. M

Maybe that will help https://community.adobe.com/t5/color-management-discussions/printer-profiles-missing-for-epson-sc-p800/td-p/10869629 or get a computer guru to help you
  7. M

You have to read that post: https://blog.spectraflow.com/faq-where-can-i-find-the-icc-profiles-supplied-by-epson-on-my-mac/ And to try to find that location on your mac, or a very similar.
  8. M

The thing is, that what I understand Epson do not provide the standard paper profiles for download, but you have to install the printer driver, and that hides the profiles in a special location on your drive.
  9. M

I just needed them myself. I got them using this method, on a Mac: https://blog.spectraflow.com/faq-where-can-i-find-the-icc-profiles-supplied-by-epson-on-my-mac/ The magic is the Show package content command (Mac only) On a PC they (may) or more probably maybe not found there...
  10. M

Restore old faded photos--remember Digital ROC?

You can have a look in the Photoshop Plugin directory, for CS3 specically, and is the plugin there ?. "C:\Program Files x86\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop <year>\Plug-ins". Plugins were probably .8bf files.
  11. M

That is a bit strange and would need investigation. The real problems started with CS5 when there were 64bit and 32bit PS programs. A 64bit plugin is needed for 64bit PS and 32bit are all old plugins and probably usable in the 32bit bit PS. Of course a safe bet is to match the PS production year...
  12. M

Adobe and other big software manufacturers had a quirk, eventually their software needed online activation and they very soon shut down their old activation servers. Curse, so bad.
  13. M

I love old software and even operating systems. If you have the installation programs and licenses, I would certainly try to use them, if only for a single task. The problem with Mac and Mac OS is that the new operatingsystems prevent the use of old software, sooner or later. Not so much with...
  14. M

Installing Leaf Capture 11.5.3

Only force close seems to be required. A Thunderbolt2 Macbook Pro may or may not have enough firewire current delivery.
  15. M

Installing Leaf Capture 11.5.3

I may have found a hack, I went to the folder with Leaf Capture and started Leaf Capture just before the access error pops up, and forced close the installer. LC starts, but I don't know if it is 100% functional.