The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by mikejmcfarlane

1. mikejmcfarlane

Extensis Portfolio 5

Agreed, I hoped they would help him. It’s strikes me as a little odd that companies who make database and asset management software can get away with deliberately end of lifeing the data/assets, rather than having some responsibility towards long term storage/recoverability. But upgrade is their...
  2. mikejmcfarlane

Extensis Portfolio 5

A friend of mine is working on a community photography project and has been given a database of historic images in Extensis Portfolio 5 format. Quite old! He reached out to Extensis for help and they said it’s out of support. Any suggestions? Anyone with an old copy they might sell,
  3. mikejmcfarlane

Using Flash w/907x

I'm new to flash and been all over the web trying to find out how to set this up with my 907x. 4 phone pics and it's explained perfectly, thanks :-)
  4. mikejmcfarlane

Technical Camera Images

I'll use that prompt as an excuse to post pics rather than lurking:) Hello, here is some work from a 6 month personal project earlier this year called 'Lost Trees'. The project was about confronting my fears of climate change by looking at natural destructive and regenerative forces in the...
  5. mikejmcfarlane

Hasselblad Macro - XCD 120mm vs V 120mm

since buying a view camera I’m buying more used kit. I used to be quite nervous about it, but I’m now a convert given the beautiful used SK lenses I have bought that are great value compared to modern quality glass, have a softer better drawn rendering that is preferable to my tastes (new glass...
  6. mikejmcfarlane

Looks like you have some good options, the 135mm lens with bellows that jng mentions looks interesting. So technically you could probably put the CFV II on the field camera, but it has some issues! I'm not an expert on this, but think it works like this: 1. you need a suitable roll film adapter...
  7. mikejmcfarlane

For the price of the XCD 120 you can pick up a Cambo Actus DB technical camera which works beautifully with the CFV back. Plenty stunning large format lenses on eBay. You would also need a macro bellows and rail, but I think you would be in the same ballpark price wise, particularly if you...
  8. mikejmcfarlane

Make a custom arca plate?

Hi if you are in the US this name comes up a lot https://skgrimes.com/
  9. mikejmcfarlane

Phase One XT Rodenstock 32mm f/4 in-depth review

That helps a lot thank you. Looking at your photos and I can see that I am likely going to need the large version of the cover for my Cambo Actus DB.
  10. mikejmcfarlane

Phase One XT Rodenstock 32mm f/4 in-depth review

Also thanks from a new member for the review Vieri, as I moved into the world of medium format photography about a year ago I have often found myself on your site:-) Pragmatic question, you mention the Think Tank Emergency Rain Cover. I'm currently using a clear plastic disposable shower cap...