The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Norm N

1. Norm N

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

X-E3, 23mm f2 @ f4 It's the Artist, the photographer is incidental.
  2. Norm N

Who needs more than 6 MP?

How fine the grain , do we need? Ah well.... thanks Pegelli. The bend in Big Bend. Fraturing the mighty Rio Grande. Canon 10D
  3. Norm N

Fun with Light L16

Boo
  4. Norm N

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Tight Crops of the Hawks and Kestrel. The 100-300mm is a good lens!
  5. Norm N

My grand daughter wanted to go birding. She tells me the first bird is a Red Tailed Hawk, and the second is an American Kestrel. GX9, 100-300mm MK II, @300mm f5.6
  6. Norm N

Fun with Light L16

We are having the best Fall in years....warm sunny days and cool night. So I brought the L16 to Forest Park to see what it could do with foliage.
  7. Norm N

GX9, 54mm @f4.0
  8. Norm N

GX9, 25mm seven artisans manual focus, 79$ US, @ f2, (heavy crop to photo)
  9. Norm N

DPReview Studio Comparison X-T3 vs. X-T2 and X-H1

I’ve just spent part of the morning comparing the noise performance, using the red yellow, mid and dark grey patch of the color checker, of the X-T3 versus the X-T2 and X-H1. The X-T3 clearly has higher noise levels than the X-T2 and X-H1 at higher iso’s. My conclusion is that unless you need...
  10. Norm N

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

X-H1, Horse Masseuse at Work (Camera color profiled)
  11. Norm N

Fun with Light L16

Horse masseuse at work. Yes it's a real profession.
  12. Norm N

Fun with Light L16

Thank you Godfrey, The L16 has the most accurate color of any camera that I've owned, and it almost seems that there is no lens intermediating between the sensors and what's being photographed. The camera is certainly helping when color is an integral part of the composition. I think Carl's...
  13. Norm N

Fun with Light L16

14. Norm N

Fun with Light L16

The L16 now becomes a supplement to my Fuji gear. Given what I'm interested in photographing, the camera's only major drawback is it's need to first process in Lumen in order to get a fully developed photo.
  15. Norm N

Fun with Light L16

Here is my first low light sracked exposure. five little dots came marching across the photo as it was processing, not quite sure what the represented, perhaps five exposures? (SOOTC). 35mm, 1/24, iso 3200