The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Pieter 12

1. P

Ageing photographers and the weight. Simplicate and add lightness.

BTW Symplicate: To make a system more complex so that the use of the system is easier or simpler.
  2. P

Medium format objects

Maybe posted this before. Hy6, Leaf AFi II 7, Schneider app-Symmar f4 Makro.
  3. P

Ageing photographers and the weight. Simplicate and add lightness.

For travel photos, I have given up and just use a smartphone. If the intent is a photo shoot, I will carry whatever is needed regardless of weight.
  4. P

WTB: Digital Back in AFI/HY6 Mount

Wow. Did you get all that from a single source, or multiple? What condition?--because the Hy6 family is pretty much unserviceable.
  5. P

I have heard baby powder (talc). But I am hesitant to put anything like that on my camera, concerned the fine powder could make its way inside. Not sure about the licensing thing. Is the Hy6 Mod2 that sophisticated that licensing would come into play? I assume it is in the electronics, not a...
  6. P

I don't think that has any affect on what might fit. The grey parts are rubberized and will be sticky by now, though. I have a Leaf AFi, which is the original and a Mod2, everything is interchangeable with the possible exception of digital backs. If I remember correctly, the electrical...
  7. P

Wow, you have a hard to find item: the adapter for the 4560 back. I need one of those! Your 180 AFD should be repairable.
  8. P

I would think so, although I’m not sure what you mean by color way. Also, I believe the Rolleiflex US has a post about which backs fit, if you do a search.
  9. P

Fungus in my sensor

Leica never called this problem fungus, but corrosion. Is it really fungus and does humidity have anything to do with it?
  10. P

Similarly, a while back I purchased a used Leaf AFi body, sent Rolf the serial number and asked if it could be upgraded to Mod2. He said yes, even quoted a price. By the time I got around to sending it from the US, he let me know it couldn’t be upgraded. To add insult to injury, he refused to...
  11. P

Do you long to transition from MFD to LF?

Sort of. Because of the longer focal length equivalents in LF film, shooting at 11 or 16 with current MF sensors should give similar sharpness and depth of field, especially if you use the sensor's native ISO (well, at least for CCD). I usually expose digital as if it were reversal film...
  12. P

Type 55 is wonderful, delicate and no longer available. Pity.
  13. P

I still shoot film for two reasons (MF, not LF -- I don't have the patience for LF). I love the aspect of personal control that film gives me: I choose the film, the ISO, the developer, the printing adjustments. The final result is a print I have made in the darkroom. It feels more hand-made and...
  14. P

Installing Leaf Capture 11.5.3

Have you tried installing Capture One instead?