The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by rayt

1. rayt

Fun with M11 Monochrom

Images I have seen so far on the web from the M11M look different than what I get from my M10M. But it is hard to judge based on how other people handle their post processing. I can’t really tell unless I shoot with one myself.
  2. rayt

Leica SL and native lenses.

One more thing. The Leica Perspective Control is excellent. While the feature is available for the M10/11 and the SL2/s, it’s more practical with a zoom because perspective correction requires cropping and the ability to zoom in/out during framing makes it more usable.
  3. rayt

Anyone tried and liked the TTArtisan 90 f1.25 lens?

The lens got a lot of good reviews bit I was still on the fence until I saw Vince Lupo’s medium format photos shot with one. I bought one in M mount new from KEH which by the way has it for over $100 less than other online dealers. It arrived but I didn‘t have time to use it except mounting it...
  4. rayt

Leica SL and native lenses.

It’s the best normal zoom I have ever used. To be fair the last one I owned was the Nikon 24-70mm from the D700 era.
  5. rayt

16-18-21mm f/4 Tri-Elmar vs 21mm 1.4 or 18mm 3.8

I wouldn’t say one is better than the other. The 21MM SEM is a high contrast lens with heightened edged sharpness. The 21MM Summilux has lower contrast and a gentler old school look. And the 21mm Elmarit Asph is somewhere in the middle. I used to own all three and now only have the Summilux and...
  6. rayt

TLRs anyone?

I am shooting Leica digital now but if I ever get pulled back into film it would be for the Rolleiflex. The Rolleiflex TLR is a perfect travel camera because it’s such a strange looking creature people don’t know what it is and that put them at ease for a photo. A 3.5E2 or 3.5F and the...
  7. rayt

TLRs anyone?

3.5f TMax 400. They look a lot better in full resolution Nam10 by Ray T, on Flickr
  8. rayt

TLRs anyone?

I owned a few “modern” Rolleiflex FW and FX but thought they were too clinical and didn’t have the classic Rolleiflex look anymore so went back to the classic Rolleiwide and 3.5f. Here’s one from the 55mm Zeiss. RAY-P071F08 by Ray T, on Flickr
  9. rayt

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Rolleiflex TMY Saigon Nam10 by Ray T, on Flickr
  10. rayt

Whites Sands National Monument, NM

What a beautiful place. I was shooting on the dunes and an hour later completely lost my sense of direction and wandered in the dark looking for my car and was saved by a good samaritan. All that and not one good photo came out of it.
  11. rayt

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

RAY-P022F01 by Ray T, on Flickr
  12. rayt

Leica Q2 monochrom

I owned an Q2M until I bought the M10M. Someday I’ll buy another. The 28mm shines at f1.7.
  13. rayt

FS: Novoflex NEX/CONT Contax C/Y lens to Sony adapter

Novoflex adapter for using Contax legacy SLR c/y lenses to Sony NEX body EX with box and rear cap. Saw little use. $90 shipped to continental USA
  14. rayt

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

It was this photo that ultimately got me to switch to Leica digital. I took this shot quickly with an M7 and 35mm Summicron v3 and made the worst novice underexposed backlighting mistake. I scanned it with the 5000ED and fixed it in Lightroom. I then decided the flexibility of digital is too...