The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by rdeloe

1. rdeloe

Linos Inspec lens (105mm macro) - fungus or dust?

It's worth a try. If you look at the link I posted, you'll see that the baffle is a fairly small hole. Nonetheless, it did not restrict movements at all. Now that was in the case of a lens designed to enlarge 5x7 negatives, so huge image circle. Your P1 lens will have a tighter circle. A...
  2. rdeloe

Right in one. It was telescope flocking paper attached to a circular disc of stiff plastic that I cut from an old report cover. I made trial ones using black construction paper and they worked as well.
  3. rdeloe

That's a bargain for a really nice lens. Well done. This may or may not be relevant, but if you can't get on top of your flare problems with the solutions you described, consider a baffle at the rear. It's a simple and inexpensive solution that might be all you need. I had some long enlarger...
  4. rdeloe

Hasselblad 24mm (or 25mm) f2.5V and 135mm f2.5V

Thanks @TechTalk for those Wayback Machine links to Paul van Walree's old Toothwalker site. I'd encountered Paul's writing years ago, but wasn't ready for it. I'm somewhat less not ready for it now ;) and am finding his text and illustrations extremely useful. I'll probably have to read them all...
  5. rdeloe

Ah, I see what you're saying. I thought for a sec that we were looking at the same distortion profile and seeing two very different lenses. Totally agree. The vast majority of the market is going to think that "smaller, lighter, cheaper and makes great looking images" is plenty good.
  6. rdeloe

In what respect to do they not have to worry about distortion? The new 25mm has consideration distortion per Hasselblad's data. Do you mean don't worry because Phocus sorts it out?
  7. rdeloe

Hasselblad Phocus with adapted lenses

Hopefully it's just a small bug rather than a passive aggressive move. ;)
  8. rdeloe

Hasselblad XCD 28P Focus Shift

Fuji provides lots of focus peaking options on the GFX cameras, but like Steve and Victor I find them unreliable except for very coarse focusing. Magnification on my GFX 100S is sufficient to allow for reliable critical focusing at all focal lengths. The main challenge is getting used to the...
  9. rdeloe

stiff Cambo sliding back

Have you contacted Cambo to see if they'll give you advice? I've had to relubricate various parts. The key is to remove all the old grease before applying new grease. When applying new grease, the smallest amount you can use is the best. In the absence of advice on a grease from Cambo, white...
  10. rdeloe

Behind the scenes

I've done that with all the mirrors in my house because the view is much better when I'm standing in front of it.
  11. rdeloe

Behind the scenes

That's the embarrassing thing... I come from 4x5!
  12. rdeloe

Behind the scenes

Just had a little moment here looking at this image... I'd forgotten that it in the chimney finder the image is reversed. Dh'o. It's been a while obviously.... Taking a picture of the LCD on a digital camera doesn't have quite the impact that this kind of image does.
  13. rdeloe

Remounting lens in Copal

No doubt! If I switch over to doing indoor and studio work, a different setup will make more sense. The weight does hurt. That's for sure. I can still barely haul the full rig around for a day of fieldwork, but I can see the end of that in the not too distant future.
  14. rdeloe

Remounting lens in Copal

We're in total agreement. If I could put together the funds to outfit myself with an IQ4 150 and the best of the best in lenses, I wouldn't. It just doesn't make sense for me. I need to be comfortable carrying my kit around in places where falls and breakage are an ever-present risk. The last...