The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by RodK

1. R

Schneider super angulon 47xl and rodenstock apo grandagon 45, which has more even illumination?

The 47mm XL Schneider covers 4x5, while the Schneider 38mm will not(139mm IC) and the 45mm Rodenstock also has a smaller IC than the 47XL schneider. But both the 38mm Schneider and the 35mm Rodenstock were very inconsistent performers and the few I have tested, were quite poor, I thought. I...
  2. R

Rendering: rodenstock vs schneider vs nikkor

The 55mm Apo-Grandagon was a new design with a sort of hybrid reverse-telephoto overall design, I think. Differing from the earlier Grandagons. It also used some newer glass types, which may have allowed the design to lessen the Central, or 'Mustache', distortion in its projection onto the film.
  3. R

WTB: Arca-Swiss F-Metric 6x9

I can Zoom with you and show you both if you want.
  4. R

WTB: Arca-Swiss F-Metric 6x9

Yes the F series can do it, but the M-line even more so. And all movements are geared on the Monolith.
  5. R

The great tripod & head thread!

Victor, any time you grab a camera you have a lever which gives you more leverage to move. But when shooting, that does not mean it is is unsafe. Why don't yopu send it to PCW, or to Me, and I will send it to the Factory ofor an inspection and CLA? Let me know if you send and I will get it...
  6. R

Advice on avoiding or reducing film grain

One other point on Black and white film the longer the film is wet, the grain also will show up more readily. So do the correct times, but do not just leave the film in water and walk away. For scanning, the color negative is best. It has no silver left after processing, to scatter the light...
  7. R

Hasselblad x2d with Arca Swiss Rotafoot questions

On the MTwo you can shoot digital,
  8. R

Tashat, My name is Rod Klukas. I am the Arca-Swiss world wide Tech Rep and the US distributer...

Tashat, My name is Rod Klukas. I am the Arca-Swiss world wide Tech Rep and the US distributer. . I would be happy to set up a Zoom, to help you to add digital to your camera bag. I will need your email and location to determine a time for a zoom. Please let me know if you are interested...
  9. R

Arca Swiss Has a Website!

Paul, At this time yes. I do have a very nice used one. Rod
  10. R

akaru, Thank you for the kind words. We have started and will add to the site as time goes on. Be well, Rod
  11. R

Paul, Thank you so much for the kind words. We'll add more stuff as we move forward. Rod
  12. R

Rob, Thanks she did a phenomonal job, with only some tech info from me. Rod
  13. R

New camera from Arca Swiss: the Pico

Akiblades, TS lenses are not the answer if you wish to maintain perspective. The idea is to not move the lens except for a tilt or swing, which changes Perspective only slightly Perspective is pretty much maintained. Also TS lenses sometimes cannot perfectly give you the shift and rise/fall...
  14. R

I have a graphic kowa 270 mm lens and would like to mount in copal shutter.

See this wil info on the lens. https://timlaytonfineart.com/computar-270mm-f9/ Hope this helps. Rod