The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Rolo

1. R

Traveling the south of the US on two-lane highways and country roads

Fabulous to see your road trip. Sorry it's taken until now to find your post. It's great to focus on traveling and image making. Good luck in the future.
  2. R

YT: Hasselblad 907x & CFV 100c - A journey with Ian Atkinson on location with Technical cameras

3 excellent videos on the 907x and X2D. Really enjoyed them all.
  3. R

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

Thanks, Uwe. Very kind of you. Im hoping there'll soon be more as I'm awaiting the arrival of a Hasselblad RMFX viewfinder which will help composition and focus. :)
  4. R

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Old soldiers, UK. Rolleiflex 2.8F
  5. R

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

Museum of Liverpool, UK. Hasselblad SWC/M.
  6. R

Tell me, have you given up with film and sold your Imacon ? You seem very busy with digital...

Tell me, have you given up with film and sold your Imacon ? You seem very busy with digital. I recently purchased Leitz Focomat IIc and Leitz V35 enlargers, plus wash tank etc, but I think it was a mistake. I'm awaiting the release of the Hasselblad CFV III 100C, which I'm told is coming in...
  7. R

Hi Uwe, Ive never been comfortable on this Forum. I fell out with Guy Mancuso on the Leica...

Hi Uwe, Ive never been comfortable on this Forum. I fell out with Guy Mancuso on the Leica forum before he started GetDPI. I have posted pictures here in the past, but not many. I am still infatuated with photography and quite busy taking photos, but I'm not travelling anywhere. I want to...
  8. R

Seem to be collecting cameras that I intend to use one day soon, in addition to those I've had...

Seem to be collecting cameras that I intend to use one day soon, in addition to those I've had for many years. Member here since 2009.
  9. R

Imacon Flextight Question

Hi, 1800 DPI is the resolution for 4x5 on your scanner. However, using a 6x6 frame you can scan at 3200 dpi. if you wish, scan half the 4x5 as a full strip of 3x 6x6 at 3200 for both sides of the image and stitch the two together with a massive gain in resolution. Hope that's of interest to...
  10. R

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Jesse, what lens do you use for copying negs ? Do you need any attachment ? Copy stand ? Thanks,
  11. R

CFV50C and 903 SWC?

It's many years since I used the CFV on my Hasselblad SWC/M, but from memory: The Hasselblad SWC/M has an extended tripod plate which prevents the battery fitting directly to the CFV and therefore the battery bracket becomes essential. However, if you cut the plate the battery fits without the...
  12. R

Hasselblad - CFV50c Version II - possbile?

Can we continue to dream about one day having a sensor in the vertical/portrait form, or even switchable ? If the CFV is the biggest selling/earning product for Hasselblad, I don't understand why they have never developed the alternative view. Can anyone direct me to a review of the CMOS...
  13. R

Leica Ambassador!

Congratulations, Vieri. Gary Leica Ambassador ex-Leica Akademie Instructor
  14. R

Hasselblad X1D

Same for me, Godfrey. I prefer 1:1/5:4 print ratios resulting from years of B&W silver printing on standard paper sizes. I'm also a lover of the SWC and my S-24mm gets me most of the way there, but not quite. Consequently, for me, the angle of view of the short side is more important than the...
  15. R

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Lovely to see the finished work, Matt. Well done and wishing you success at the showing, Gary