The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Stella Michaels

1. Stella Michaels

How about some portraits

Can't have the thread going dry!! So: a portrait in the style of a book illustration.. :) Canon 1DX, 24-70mm
  2. Stella Michaels

Hasseblads with Mac laptops, anyone?

Visited a friend today - she has a 2017 13" Macbook air, running 11.6 Big Sur. Just for laughs, we downloaded the latest version of Phocus (3.6.4)? and plugged in the H4D to see what would happen. Nothing, I thought. It's way too puny a 'pooter to handle all that data flooding in! But it went...
  3. Stella Michaels

Brilliant. If its a no-goer, I can still use the drive for other stuff anyway :) Thank you, guys! Really sweet of you! :)
  4. Stella Michaels

OK! Well - thank you for your help, I'm so chuffed to have got this far, but as I can plug in a USB external SSD, reckon it's worth a try? Or is that just wrong all over? I'm not a bad photographer, but this all this open-heart computer stuff is a bit beyond me! :oops:
  5. Stella Michaels

Amazing! So - you just plug this drive in, then what? Do you just tell Phocus to export to that drive? My iMac won't accept the FW800, I think..
  6. Stella Michaels

Holy SMOKE, Mr C! You cracked it! It WAS the software version! Thank you so much :) I just downloaded 3.1.4 - and blow me down - it works! One shot every 3 seconds - and no spinning ball. Until you get to 9 shots - then trouble! But I realized this shooting rate turns out to be a bit too much...
  7. Stella Michaels

I bet! Quite a price though!
  8. Stella Michaels

No - it's a 1Tb spinning drive. I have seen a 2013 spinning drive iMac Pro running Phocus captures like the clappers, so It surely can't be the drive? I have 740Gb of free space - I store all data on external drives. Just apps on the computer itself. (Yeh, and mail, and internet) I have a...
  9. Stella Michaels

Thanks John! I'm running Phocus 3.4.8, which is the highest my Sierra 10.12 OS will do, I think. If I update to a higher OS, I start to lose things like NIK and old versions of Capture 1, which is a pain, so I'm staying here - which is also a pain with the Hasselblad! My Blad cable has a...
  10. Stella Michaels

Thanks Godfrey. I'm not after crazy performance speed - but waiting up to 30 seconds for each 50mp Hasselblad Phocus capture - and getting the interminable rolling ball after a few shots, or if I click too fast, is way too tedious! It should only be 2-3 sec, and no ball ever. If the Aussie...
  11. Stella Michaels

...But now, looking PROPERLY at your figures.. I think the M1 it seems to be!
  12. Stella Michaels

Hi Mr H, Thank you for your detailed and helpful reply! I think the main problem is that I am not running a Mac Pro - I figured all would be well on my 27" iMac, but it seems not, and my PC is no better. Both slow down after 3-4 captures. So the question is whether to risk buying a second hand...
  13. Stella Michaels

Recommendations for medium format SLR

You bet! The RB is an old banger. My entire RZ outfit went for £900. Camera, prism, WLF, motor, 3 lenses, 3 film backs, Polaroid back, spare screen, strap, manual, 5 rolls of 120, and a flight case! Wish I'd hung onto my old Rollei 2.8 Planar. I paid £50 back in the 60s.. I see they go for £2500...
  14. Stella Michaels

Recommendations for medium format SLR

I used to have a Mamiya RZ67 and found it fabulous - much more ergonomic than the positively clunky RB. The lenses were great, and the motorised base was fab to have in the studio. And you could remove it easily. The easy to swap screens were clear and really bright, and unlike Hasselblads, the...
  15. Stella Michaels

Contacting printing without an enlarger

Sometimes, I used to use a sheet of glass over the negs, paper underneath, and turn on the 40watt bulb on the ceiling, exposures usually around 5 sec. It worked perfectly. If you want longer times to dodge & burn, and don't want to use an enlarger (why ever not though?) you can use a bulb with a...