The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Growing concern over availability of XCD (older style) and New V lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Spinnler

OH, my mistake. I thought "Medium Format Systems and Digital Backs" included Hasselblad medium format cameras and digital systems.
Hmm... There is no other forum for "Hasselblad Users" or specific to "Technical Camera Users" on this website that I can find.

G
My point was that it’s natural that the tech cam related issues to this back are being discussed here. No one asked to hear about why you are happy with your V camera, lol.

Where else should banding relating to the 35 XL be discussed other than in a forum where people by the back to precisely use it with that lens?

If tech cam usage and limited availability of lenses and squeezing of dealers (who happen to sponsor this forum so you can share your feelings about your camera) are not of your concern why don’t you just gloss over that content and just post a picture in the medium format thread. No one forces you to contribute on this topic? Or to share your feelings about your purchase when the concerns of other thread posters are being discussed. I think for many the new CVF100c is a great product - just not for those who wanted to attach it to a tech cam … for now at least.

Let’s hope the firmware update fixes it.

I've segregated photography wholly as a private endeavour as clearly in this day and age you cannot make money with it and to expose yourself to any commercial pressure regarding photography takes away all the joy.
Paul thanks for taking the time to reply and posting your images. Very nice. But your post mentioned a distinction that I don't see mentioned online very often. As a passionate, personal project type photographer who is using other income for their purchases, one can decide how and who they would like to support. They can put dealer loyalty and support number one on their purchase decision list.

But if one is doing photography as a commercial endeavor, the top priority is one's own business. The dealer's are in charge of taking care of theirs. We have a great local resource in Seattle, Glazier's, and I often joke that they can get me stuff shipped to my island before I think I need it. And I've also started a small relationship with Capture Integration as I tip-toe into the Tech Cam madness. But there are times when I need a product or delivery schedule that local or small dealer just can't meet. So if that means Sammy's in Los Angeles, or Pictureline in Utah, or B&H / Adorama in New York, or eBay or whatever that's what I do.

So it's really not burying our heads in the sand, it's making decisions that support our needs.

Also, your statement about commercial photography not making money and taking away joy might be true for you but it is certainly not true for others.

Bill

Paul Spinnler

Paul thanks for taking the time to reply and posting your images. Very nice. But your post mentioned a distinction that I don't see mentioned online very often. As a passionate, personal project type photographer who is using other income for their purchases, one can decide how and who they would like to support. They can put dealer loyalty and support number one on their purchase decision list.

But if one is doing photography as a commercial endeavor, the top priority is one's own business. The dealer's are in charge of taking care of theirs. We have a great local resource in Seattle, Glazier's, and I often joke that they can get me stuff shipped to my island before I think I need it. And I've also started a small relationship with Capture Integration as I tip-toe into the Tech Cam madness. But there are times when I need a product or delivery schedule that local or small dealer just can't meet. So if that means Sammy's in Los Angeles, or Pictureline in Utah, or B&H / Adorama in New York, or eBay or whatever that's what I do.

So it's really not burying our heads in the sand, it's making decisions that support our needs.

Also, your statement about commercial photography not making money and taking away joy might be true for you but it is certainly not true for others.

Bill
Hi Bill

Appreciate the thoughtful response. Some thoughts:

1) Private vs. pro:

Fully agree that there's a big distinction between commercial and private endeavour; I am speaking from my perspective, but I do believe that the majority on this forum are NOT working professionals. I have the impression that the majority here are so-called "prosumers" and according to discussions with both P1 sales reps and my local dealer they make up the vast majority of P1 customers for example nowadays. Meaning in pro circles you'd more often find a Fuji than an XT - its just too expensive and less dynamic

2) Pro's priorities:

I shadowed a pro fashion photographer once for a whole day on a big commercial fashion shoot in Paris who had a digital operator managing C1 and a runner getting props in the city on a need basis. It was an amazing experience and it thought me 1000% that all that matters in a production context is getting the job done - brand doesnt matter.

So he would pay 100 bucks to have a prop couriered into the studio within an hour and send the runner out to get a certain prop from the city to just create a perfect image. I even ran across the street to pick up additional portra as he'd also shoot some rolls of RZ67 to finish up and we were running out of film.

The camera used was a Nikon Z9 although he could have used an IQ4 or Leica S or whatever. The reason – flawless operation and reliability.

So I fully get that in practice quick shipping matters and then you just get it where it comes from.

3) Joy

Clearly, this is a personal one – the choice to not focus on a creative career in today's world is a private choice and I think everyone passionate about photography will think about this at one point. I personally feel that making creative related work for others makes it less enjoyable for me and ofc everyone else is on their own journey with this. On top it is a risky choice as budgets for professional photography are being cut left and right as brands move advertising into social media channels where you need other type of content sometimes or where you more easily might get away with AI based stuff in the future.

For those successful with it commercially it certainly looks like a very rewarding career... but I do think it is very tricky looking into the future and especially in view of refinancing P1 level gear if you don't have a network of clients willing to pay top dollar for your services.

My point is more for those with a choice not ordering from your independent dealer over time will lead to closures, so without downside to oneself it is a no-brainer choice to make if you have the time to wait. If you are on assignment and need the camera for a paid job – no brainer to get it from where it ships to you in time.

I mean the whole reason why P1's photo division was re-named "bespoke" is because they identified that the core customer going forward would be some well-off former professional with the means to splurge on his own vanity photo project; they titled the series "extraordinary passion" referring to people who have made money elsewhere and want to go full in with photography in their later stages of life to pursue their passion in an "extraordinary" way. The whole division is called "bespoke" ... which is reminiscent of "bespoke" tailoring ... which is a luxurious purchase in a way.

Last edited:

Paul2660

As the original poster, sorry to see this post slide into the areas it has. For each photographer, I feel they have their own needs and way to do business. In the US, I don't like the way Hasselblad/DJI has setup their business model as I prefer to use a dealer for large purchases such as a X2D (for me 8K is a large purchase). Photography for me is both for business and pleasure, the business end in the last 2 years has taken a hit mainly due to the vast under appreciation in the world as to what it takes to "print" a good large image. For the vast majority, it's snap, post forget.

Currently Hasselblad seems to have a huge limit on the newer V lenses, 38V, 55V and 90V along with the 28P. The 90V is by far the worst as no one seems to have one. The 55V seems to come into supply and go right back out. Older XCD glass is hit and miss, but the main stays, 30mm 35-75mm, 135mm/TC 1.7 are available in the larger online shops.

I choose to use Capture Integration for this purchase mainly since I had no previous history with Hasselblad, and their support, where as CI has always given me stellar support on the Phase One and Fuji Products I have purchased from them. I ordered my 35-75 Jan 10 2024, it finally shipped on 03/31/24 all the time the lens was out and in stock at B&H, and Adorama, which IMO was a mistake for Hasselblad. If they could ship the same lens to these vendors then they should have easily have been able to ship out 1 lens that was on order almost 3 months. Back to CI, Steve Hendrix is a wealth of knowledge on Hasselblad, again a product line I am not well versed with. At B&H or Adorama, I have not found anyone on the phone that can do more then tell me the price and that the product is in stock. I will stay with the dealer as it's more than must a price for me.

With Fuji and their MF line up, I have had a few issues that needed to go to Edison NJ, most recently my GFX100II, broken shutter button. Total camera replacement had be done. Their center is easy to reach and responsive.

My biggest current concern with the X2D is the cleaning of the sensor, as the recommended method by Hasselblad IMO makes little to no sense (use of compressed air). The camera is a dust magnet, there is not a sensor clean cycle (common on every other mirrorless camera I have owned besides the SL2) and it really needs to be addressed. You can blow off the sensor with a hand blower, but that really can't clean the surface i.e. it needs a wet cleaning. Very little seems to be written on this, plenty of info on the Fuji GFX100. I am not concerned with a wet clean on the sensor having cleaned P1 backs for years, it's the IBIS system that concerns me.

As a quick final note, I have been trying to locate the 90V for months, and of course it's just not available, in fact it seems that after the first round of lenses shipped out, no more have shipped in the US, can't speak to the Hasselblad Online store or non US dealers. Steve received a 90V used, and with full warranty recertification, and I was able to purchase that lens. Thank you CI.

Overall as a Fuji GFX100, 100II user and now the X2D with a few lenses, I see very little difference between the two in image quality. Sadly Phocus does bring out the best in the X2D files. but Phocus is so basic and out of date compared to all the other software on the market, it's not a player for me very often. LR seems to do a good job and their masking tool set has grown tremendously over the past few years, but I would love to see Capture One add support for the files. There are ways to get them to work in C1, but it just doesn't seem worth the extra effort.

Hopefully Hasselblad will get their supply situation figured out and also add more supply to local dealers for those who still choose to work that way.

Paul C

Last edited:

hcubell

My point was that it’s natural that the tech cam related issues to this back are being discussed here. No one asked to hear about why you are happy with your V camera, lol.
Where else should banding relating to the 35 XL be discussed other than in a forum where people by the back to precisely use it with that lens?
No, it's not natural for them to discussed in this thread. Surely you are aware that there is already a lengthy thread in this very forum about the tech cam related issues with the Hasselblad CFV 100C back that was addressed in detail by a number of actual and potential buyers of the back. Real customers. You are neither an actual or even a potential purchaser of that back, and yet you made a remarkably high percentage of the posts on that thread. Was that thread not sufficient?
You really need to think through your motives behind the diatribes about Hasselblad camera systems and its business practices. And, here is a thought. You obviously are a regular and loyal Leica customer. Take out a subscription to Diglloyd and read what he has to say about the Leica SL3 and the Leica lenses. Then, start a thread in the Leica forum about the issues with the SL3 and the lenses. However, you won't catch me posting on those issues. I don't have an axe to grind about Leica.

Last edited:

Paul Spinnler

No, it's not natural for them to discussed in this thread. Surely you are aware that there is already a lengthy thread in this very forum about the tech cam related issues with the Hasselblad CFV 100C back that was addressed in detail by a number of actual and potential buyers of the back. Real customers. You are neither an actual or even a potential purchaser of that back, and yet you made a remarkably high percentage of the posts on that thread. Was that thread not sufficient?
You really need to think through your motives behind the diatribes about Hasselblad camera systems and its business practices. And, here is a thought. You obviously are a regular and loyal Leica customer. Take out a subscription to Diglloyd and read what he has to say about the Leica SL3 and the Leica lenses. Then, start a thread in the Leica forum about the issues with the SL3 and the lenses. However, you won't catch me posting on those issues. I don't have an axe to grind about Leica.
Hi Howard

Again grumpy after everyone left the event, lol? Maybe you need to think through your compulsory posting defending Hasselblad.

Last edited:
Getting back to the original question, my answer would be no. I’m not concerned over the availably of hasselblad lenses. I jumped in with the original X1D and a few lenses but then jumped out when I upgraded my work system to the Canon R5 during the pandemic when video looked like a need. But the Canon was everything I dislike about prosumer, do everything, cameras. So I’m back shooting Hasselblads and I’ve always known the choice required that I adjust my expectations with respect to upgrades and availability. That said, I’ve been able to get the lenses I need for my client work and assemble a kit that allows me to shoot film and digital with my Cambo Tech Camera.

For me the Hasselblad X systems has been the best combination of joy and quality of any system that I have used.

isteveb

"For me the Hasselblad X systems has been the best combination of joy and quality of any system that I have used.

ABSOLUTELY agree with this. Every system has its issues but my X2D and 907X CFV100C do everything I want them to do and I know lenses will come eventually.

hcubell

So, back to the original question, which was really directed at current and prospective owners of the Hasselblad X system. There are two issues. First, I do not believe that the continuing lack of availability of XCD lenses, particularly the newer V series XCD lenses, implies that Hasselblad's future is somehow problematic. To the contrary, I believe the X2D has proven to be wildly successful. Well beyond Hasselblad's most optimistic projections. For every X2D Hasselblad sells, there is new demand for XCD lenses. The problem is that, while Hassleblad can control the pipeline for the production of X2D bodies, because it manufactures them, it can't unilaterally control the pipeline for XCD lenses. All of the XCD lenses are made for Hasselblad by third parties. I certainly understand the frustration of those that buy into the XCD system and can't get the lenses they need on a reasonable time frame. I would feel exactly the same.
The second issue has to do with the Hasselblad's distribution model, where they are prioritizing direct sales through their local websites. The business reality here is that, because Hasselblad does not itself manufacture the XCD lenses, there is an additional party in the distribution pipeline that has to be accounted for with its own profit margin. Hasselblad is therefore incented more than say Leica or Fuji to sell direct to the consumer and cut out the dealers. That is also unfortunate for the dealers. I have always tried personally to buy my medium format digital equipment over the years through Capture Integration. I bought my Phase One backs through Capture Integration. I bought my X2D through CI. I want them to succeed, as I think they perform an important role in maintaining and expanding the medium format digital market. However, the relationship between a manufacturer and a dealer is a two-way street. In 2016, when I purchased my X1D bodies and lenses in 2016-2019, CI was not a Hasselblad dealer. Phase One only. And, at the time, Phase was by far and away the dominant player, and my suspicion is that there was at least an unwritten understanding with Phase that if you wanted to be a Phase dealer, you could not also be a Hasselblad dealer.
To keep this all in perspective, I share the opinion of Bill Evans, who said: "For me the Hasselblad X systems has been the best combination of joy and quality of any system that I have used." I could not agree more.

Godfrey

I agree with Howard and Bill ... I have been and am absolutely delighted with my Hasselblad gear, whether it be the ancient V system gear I've bought second hand or the 907x/CFVII 50c and lenses I bought new. I put Leica on the same grade as well: I've had nothing but excellent equipment, excellent service from Leica USA and dealers, and super quality out of all the Leica gear I've owned since 1972. I bought my Hassy X gear from dealers who participate on this forum, and have been doing business on Leica gear with a single dealer for the past thirty years.

How Hasselblad and DJI work their business to achieve and sustain profitability is, to me, something for them... and their dealers... to work out and not for me to worry about IMO.

G

wattsy

The business reality here is that, because Hasselblad does not itself manufacture the XCD lenses, there is an additional party in the distribution pipeline that has to be accounted for with its own profit margin. Hasselblad is therefore incented more than say Leica or Fuji to sell direct to the consumer and cut out the dealers.
A business cost is a business cost irrespective of whether it is incurred internally (for example, by taking on extra plant and employees) or externally by buying in services from a third party or contracting out manufacture. As such, I don't really see why Hasselblad should feel an extra incentive to sideline their dealers (if that is what is happening) simply because they happen to contract out the manufacture of their lenses. For all we know, it may well be considerably cheaper for Hasselblad to get Nittoh and/or Panasonic to build the lenses (even taking into account the profit margin made by those Japanese companies) than it would be to build them themselves within the Hasselblad/DJI empire.

Doppler9000

The second issue has to do with the Hasselblad's distribution model, where they are prioritizing direct sales through their local websites. The business reality here is that, because Hasselblad does not itself manufacture the XCD lenses, there is an additional party in the distribution pipeline that has to be accounted for with its own profit margin. Hasselblad is therefore incented more than say Leica or Fuji to sell direct to the consumer and cut out the dealers. That is also unfortunate for the dealers.
How does the use of subcontractors change the incentive to go direct? DJI pays the outside supplier but avoids the costs to manufacture the lenses. I believe TechTalk has written about this. The company also sets retail pricing, which may have significantly more total profit in it than FUJI makes. The decision to compete with its own high-service level retailers, and closing the U.S. repair facility for example, reflect a significant change of philosophy for the company. It seems reasonable to consider the implications of this sea change if one is assessing which product to buy.

The question is mostly separate from the potential joy one might get from the product, which seems very high.

Paul Spinnler

If I were an independent dealer I'd push Fuji and passively boycott (still take orders, but don't move a finger for them nor encourage anyone to buy their wares) DJI if I realized that they are in an unspoken way disadvantaging me via the supply side while I am still putting in the effort of pushing their product via extra launch materials, etc.

Its deeeply illoyal and brazen. Imagine you have a meeting with DJI, you say you will push their product, you do extra content, like webpages, forum content, editorials, etc. and then you realize you are making all this free advertisement for them ... BUT DONT GET FASTEST INVENTORY REFILLS WHILE THEIR SHOP HAS 1 DAY SHIPPING. C'mon. That's making fun of you commercially.

Passive boycotting is the only way DJI can be made to change behaviour - ie if all dealers stop pushing their product and recommend Fuji to walk in clientele instead. DJI might feel a dip in sales and then go back to the negotiation table.

If you accept this commercial behaviour you are supporting DJI in making these strategic changes which will in the end lead to your own abolition as more and more sales are done online. I mean the CI launch effort was top notch and every time then someone orders from their webstore because its more convenient its essentially free-riding on free adverstisement by their best dealers.

You need to wield market power while you still have a bit. It doesnt mean to not sell DJI - but when someone walks in you don't push it. Not telling you to your face that you are being sidelined silently via slow supply is asymmetric strategic behaviour which is super uncool.

From a consumer perspective, I'd be super annoyed if I felt forced to buy online where my recourse options in case of problems are significantly less as I can only write an anonymous mail and were there's often no real remedial action that is satisfying. If you are unhappy with a dealer purchase they will do a lot more to make you happy than an anonymous corporate and even take it back as they look at the whole customer relationship.

At this stage, Hasselblad is just another DJI brand and there's as much of "Old Hasselblad" in today's version of it as there is haute cuisine in a microwave meal.

The way it should be is that CI is the only place the good stuff is in stock and if you order it from the online shop it takes ages. That would be fair play.

I understand Fuji doesn't do these tricks.

This has nothing to do with the fact that one can enjoy the camera - that's a bit confused here. DJI is effectively attacking dealers like CI who sponsor this forum. No CI, no forum.

As mentioned earlier, it is highly unlikely that someone in Shenzen will wake up an decide to wire the server costs to whoever runs this valuable site in the future. They cut down NA rep to one person - that's quite a way of running an efficient business I'd say.

Last edited:

Godfrey

Having owned several Fuji cameras over the years and gotten naught for service on them when needed without feeling like I was visiting the dentist for a emergency extraction, and having had nothing but excellent service from Hasselblad USA (including up to two weeks ago), I have zero interest in buying anything Fuji again, and no problems waiting for these temporary availability problems on new Hasselblad lenses to evaporate, as I'm sure they will.

I remember when I wanted to buy some Olympus lens or another that had been recently announced and was a "hot item" on the dealer sheets ... they were out of stock for three months after the initial production run was sold out. I put an order in, expecting to wait a while, and two weeks later the lens was shipped to me from my dealer. Whew, that was a tough two weeks! :rolleyes:

G

darr

While I appreciate concerns about the dynamics between manufacturers and dealers, I respectfully disagree with some of the assertions made in this thread.

The viewpoints seem based on speculation rather than concrete evidence of Hasselblad or DJI's business practices. With firsthand knowledge and official statements from the companies involved, it's easier to draw accurate conclusions about their strategies or intentions.

Additionally, there may be more constructive approaches than advocating for passive boycotts and steering potential customers toward alternative brands. Encouraging healthy competition and informed consumer choice benefits the photography community, but it's essential to do so without disparaging other companies or their products.

It's also worth considering that businesses often face logistical and supply chain complexities that can impact inventory management and distribution. While delays in product availability can be frustrating, they may not necessarily reflect intentional efforts to disadvantage specific dealers.

Regardless of any speculation or criticism surrounding their current market position, my commitment to shooting with Hasselblad gear remains steadfast and unwavering.
I have listened to complaints about Phase One digital backs and Capture One software ad nauseam, so now it is Hasselblad's turn.

akaru

I'm not sure if you're ever going to get first-hand accounts here, but I've heard very similar stories that corroborate this. I don't know the reasoning, or if the liaisons at HB are even fully aware of what's going on or why, themselves, but it is definitely going on. HB's top dealer for California and maybe the entire West...no inventory, not even word as to when inventory may arrive. Yet you can grab a back at B&H right now.

Doppler9000

The viewpoints seem based on speculation rather than concrete evidence of Hasselblad or DJI's business practices. With firsthand knowledge and official statements from the companies involved, it's easier to draw accurate conclusions about their strategies or intentions.
It seems unlikely that Hasselblad or DJI will make official statements about a change in basic strategy.

Capture Integration, however, has been rather clear.

“As the owner of a company that represents these two manufacturers, I am influenced by the internal workings of each company far more than the quality of their product. I directly communicate with the internal structure of the company daily. Technical and sales support, marketing, accounting, distribution, repair, and billing…..the professionalism of these areas are intangibles that you can’t read in a graphic or a chart. They are incredibly important to me and and arguably more so for our customers. Our reputation in the industry and our relationship with our customers is based on trust and communication. Therefore we are highly dependent on our manufacturer partners for timely information, shipping timelines, support replies, etc. The manufacturers internal structure and organization is imperative to the quality and speed of service that we then provide to you, the customer.

Here is some inside data that you might find interesting:

Fujifilm GFX bodies shipped to CI in the last 45 days = 59

Hasselblad Digital bodies shipped to CI in the last 45 days = 2

This has nothing to do with demand or the quality of the units. This has everything to do with how both companies conduct business today. We could sell 10 times what Hasselblad sends us. They chose to keep the demand high by keeping the supply low.

Average time for Fujifilm repairs = 8-10 days

Average time for Hasselblad repairs = 3-6 weeks

Only the most minor Hasselblad repairs happen in the US today. After Hasselblad closed their headquarters in NJ, all repairs moved to the DJI facility in California with all new employees. No previous Hasselblad service staff work for Hasselblad any longer in the US. Any significant repair is shipped to Sweden which significantly slows the process.

Number of US FujiFilm employees that have direct working relationships with CI = 13

Number of Hasselblad North American employees that work with CI = 1

We have a DJI/Hasselblad representative in Toronto that is great to work with. But he doesn’t live in the US and he splits his time between being the North American rep for both DJI and Hasselblad. He has an extremely difficult job. On the opposite side, at Fujifilm, we have daily working relationships with 3 people on the sales team, 2 people in marketing, 2 people in accounting, 2 in management, 2 in high end technical support, and 2 in repair. And we use them all on a regular basis. Information is king and we demand it from our partners.

Advance notice of new products from Fujifilm = 3 weeks

Advance notice of new products from Hasselblad = none

We are a partner that knows the product, tests the product, and puts it through its paces. We typically receive the new Fujifilm product or prototype about 1-2 weeks before they are announced. This allows us to have a working knowledge so that we can answer any questions our customers have on the day that product is announced. We learn about new Hasselblad products on the day of their release from the same place our customer does, the Hasselblad website. We don’t get an advance notice. We often don’t get full technical info until days after a new release ships. And we never see a new product until the first customer’s unit ship to us.

I could go on and on here. But I think that the picture is painted as clear as I can make it. Fujifilm understands what it takes to create a strong base of support in the US industry. They treat all of their partners fairly. They reward the hard working partners with more perks and supply the best support in the marketplace. Hassleblad/DJI can do much better. They make a great product but they don’t invest in all the areas to make it an exceptional one.”

It's also worth considering that businesses often face logistical and supply chain complexities that can impact inventory management and distribution. While delays in product availability can be frustrating, they may not necessarily reflect intentional efforts to disadvantage specific dealers.

I have listened to complaints about Phase One digital backs and Capture One software ad nauseam, so now it is Hasselblad's turn.
Hard to see how the inventory disparity between retailers and Hasselblad/DJI direct reflects a supply chain issue other than an intentional decision.

Paul Spinnler

Thanks a lot, Doppler.

The facts are on the table. Crystal clear.

Looks like an as blunt as it gets war declaration by DJI on the forum's sponsor and independent retailers - a core pillar of the traditional MFD marketplace. With one foot we are peering in a future scenario where all you have is your online shop order, some Youtube launch videos and if there's a problem an unresponsive e-mail address.

The fact that this happens asymmetrically - them not openly admitting it, shipments just not coming - is what you'd see in asymmetric warfare scenarioss, i.e. if you say all is good but backhandedly you sabotage - which is insane and frankly classless and unbecoming of the Hasselblad heritage. But, alas, its DJI, not Hasselblad anymore so as expected.

I wasn't joking when I mentioned that one of the biggest German photo dealers is passively boycotting them and is angry because of the supply chain chocking. Customers calling in cancelling orders is hardcore.

Shenzen based tech conglomerate DJI has acquired Hasselblad, extracted the IP (colour science, supplier relationships, system design know-how, optical know-how), moved production to China with "assembly" in Sweden so the heritage angle can be played to extract a price premium and is now in the process of destroying the classic distribution model to increase profits. There's one man on the ground to "manage" the NA market - most likely he's just the person they put there so they can manage B&H and the biggies they don't want to upset.

I am not sure how this can be further romanticised. Its business, but Fuji is handling it totally differently and I am glad they have a different business approach.

Effectively these are DJI consumer products with the acquired Hasselblad logo slapped onto it.

Last edited:

akaru

Seeing some pushback as to whether this is relevant to this thread. I think it is, but could totally see separating concerns of availability in general from dealer availability. I assume they’re related but may not be.

I know I waited over a year for a cfv-50c many years ago, and finally gave up on it and bought into P1, for better or worse.

TechTalk

HB's top dealer for California and maybe the entire West...no inventory, not even word as to when inventory may arrive. Yet you can grab a back at B&H right now.
I assume by "you can grab a back at B&H right now" you're referring to the 907X with CFV 100C. If you're looking for a 907X CFV 100C from a California dealer right this moment, Samy's in Los Angeles has it in stock for immediate delivery. They're the largest pro photo dealer in LA.

Hasselblad does not have it currently available for immediate delivery from their online store, but shows shipment within two working days. If you want to purchase today from a California dealer... Samy's can accommodate your order.

Status
Not open for further replies.