The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The GetDPI Photography Forum

JoelM
JoelM
Hi Grant. Thanks for contacting me. My zip code is 92131 and a pickup would be great, thanks!
Cheers,
Joel
G
GHPhoto
Ok, I’ll look into it.
JoelM
JoelM
Sounds good, thanks!
G
GHPhoto
FedEx quote is so high it makes the purchase uneconomical - $USD400 -500.
I checked the USPS site and it says a box 12 x 12 x 12" @ 6lbs is too large to post.
Not to worry. Thanks for your help.
JoelM
JoelM
Wow, I had no idea. USPS Priority should be reasonable.
I'll check. What's your city?
JoelM
JoelM
Okay, so shipping to Australia is about $170 for Priority. It takes about 3-4 days. If you can pay $125, I'll pick up the rest.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks!
G
GHPhoto
Hi, Sorry for the slow reply - time zone differences. I'm happy to to do that. If you want to reconfirm the shipping costs with the city name - Seaforth, NSW, 2092. I'll be a bit more diligent with checking for your reply.
JoelM
JoelM
No worries, it'll be close enough. My PayPal is [email protected]. I'll need a few days to sort through and gather the best box I can find so that it is packed safely.
Cheers,
Joel
G
GHPhoto
So, $1575 total?
JoelM
JoelM
Perfect, I'll send you tracking as soon as it is packed and labelled.
G
GHPhoto
Paid!
JoelM
JoelM
Here's tracking: EY460655845US

It should take about 5 days. It is going Priority, but first it goes to Los Angeles. I'm not sure how it works, but we shall see.
Joel
G
GHPhoto
I'll let you know when it gets here. Thanks for your help on this.
I tested this lens when they first came to market and was so impressed. I was trying to find a way out of the Sinar p3 at the time and the thought of shooting without camera movements was causing professional anxiety. They were stupid money here in Australia. As it turned out didn't stay with the Canon system long enough to justify getting one.
JoelM
JoelM
I only played with it and never really got around to using it. Everything is very smooth. The guy I bought it from said it was outstanding. I hope you enjoy it. The postman will pick it up here shortly.
G
GHPhoto
Hi, Do you have any tracking information?