The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

Photo editing with iPad Pro

Hello : I look forward to using an iPad as a replacement to my Wacom ( Intuos 3 ) specially as it is no longer supported on Mojave and PS-CC - But after a few downgrades to the Wacom app, I have gotten it to work. But I have this nagging feeling that getting the Wacom to work on Catalina most...
  2. J

Pano Technique Question

Hello : I understand that there are specialized Pano Tools to create Multi Row Panoramas but have the following question - Noting that todays Pano Software are pretty efficient in correcting stitching errors, I am wondering if anyone has used a Single Row Pano ( attached image ) to create a 3...
  3. J

iPad Question

Thank you both for your valuable inputs. Even prior to posting the question I was leaning towards the smaller of the 2 pads case my mail use is for backing up and viewing images while traveling where weight and size will matter. Your replies confirms I am on the right track in selecting the...
  4. J

iPad Question

Hello : I have never owned an iPad and it’s the very first time I am considering it - Seems Apple is to introduce new versions in a couple of days. Reasons for considering the iPad now are as follows : 1. Full version of Photoshop that will be introduced sometime in 2019 enabling retouching...
  5. J

Nikon D810 Live Histogram Accuracy

Got it - Makes sense !! Thank to all who have helped answer my question. Jai
  6. J

Which Tripod between the Two ??

Hello All : I have selected the MeFoto GlobeTrotter Tripod as my WalkAround and Travel Tripod, but am unable to decide between the Aluminium and the Carbon Fiber version - All the specs are the same except the weight : Aluminium = 4.6 lbs OR 2.08 Kgs Carbon Fiber = 3.7 lbs OR 1.67 Kgs...
  7. J

I find the internal ( via viewfinder ) metering conservative as well - Say this as when I get the RAW file to Bridge, I see that more “room” at the ends ( shadow or highlight ) than the histogram the camera shows AFTER the image has been shot in the non-live-view mode which results in highlights...
  8. J

Hello : Is the Live Histogram when viewed under Live View an accurate 14bit RAW Data representation or does it mimic data as shown once an image is taken which I believe is based on jpeg data and not RAW Data. Kindly confirm. Jai
  9. J

D810 - Live & Shoot Focus

Thank you both for your replies - Stop-Down & then Focus it is then !! Wishes, Jai
  10. J

D810 - Live & Shoot Focus

Hello : Have the D810 and Sigma Art 35mm, 50mm & 85mm Lenses. So if one were to use live focus, would one keep the Aperture Wide Open or Stop Down to the selected Aperture while Live Focusing ? If it’s Stop Down, does on hit the Depth Of Field Preview Button to get to the selected Aperture or...
  11. J

Sigma Art Profiles for CS6/ACR7

Hello : I use Photoshop CS 6 with ACR 7 on a Mac. I have recently purchased Sigma 35mm f/1.4, 50mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.4 ( all Art Series ) - Is there a way to add Lens Correction Profiles of these lenses to ARC 7 OR can it not be done and the only way is to upgrade to PS/LR CC ? I did google, but...
  12. J

Transfer Images From D3s & D810 To iPad To External Drive

Hello : I have been googling the net to find a solution to transfer files from a D3s ( CF Card ) & D810 ( CF n SD Cards ) to an iPod & External Drive WITHOUT using a Computer - My aim is to travel without a computer. The more I read & the more YouTube I see, the more confusing it gets -...
  13. J

135mm lovers: New ART lens, Zeiss drops price.

Hello : A side note on the Sigma Art Lenses - What are the chance of a 180mm/200mm f/2.8 Art Lens by Sigma - This is the missing lens in my bag ! Thanks, Jai
  14. J

Fun with the D810

Kind of you to take the time to view my work - Your comment is very generous, but THANK YOU :)
  15. J

Fun with the D810

Hello Eleanor : Really am enjoying your river images - They are wonderful - Thank you for sharing ! Noting that some of the images are being shot between f/11 through to f/14, have you noticed diffraction issues ? Have you shot one particular scene from f/5.6 to say f/11 and seen the...
  16. J

Tripod Feature Possibility ??

Thanks for all the replies - RSS products are yet to be made available in India and thus I stick to the ones available here ( i.e. Gitzo and Manfrotto ) - Good to know that such an option is already available and that the feature is practical - Perhaps, other manufactures will follow in the...
  17. J

Tripod Feature Possibility ??

Hello All : Did not know where to post the topic as its not a MF related - But as I frequent this section the most and hold in high regard participants who reply regularly, I figured this could be the place - -- Sharing an idea I have had for a while - Perhaps you can comment if the approach...
  18. J

Nikon MB D12 Question

Hi Carlos : Yes, if I am not mistake with the purchase of a BL-5 battery- chamber cover one can use a D4/D4s battery with the MB-D12. When you say "carryover battery", you do mean that there is no battery in the body, but only in the MB-D12, right ? Thanks, Jai
  19. J

Nikon MB D12 Question

Thanks Bob for the reply - Good to know that the Camera can be used with a battery only in the grip - I personally would prefer to access the battery without detaching the grip from the camera for each charge - The other possible benefit would be a marginally lighter set up ( i.e. as the...
  20. J

Nikon MB D12 Question

Hello : Can the Nikon MB D12 Battery Pack be used on a D800/D810 without a battery in the camera and only in the Battery Pack ? Trying to see if there is a way where the Battery Pack does not have to be detached each time the camera's battery is exhausted. Jai