The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Wall-H

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Fuji GSW690III Cinestill 200 TMax
  2. Wall-H

@gcap @hasselblad 503cw i Just can't figure out how you managed to lose all the grain. That's my quest. I'd really appreciate if you can pass me some tips ? I opened thread here. https://www.getdpi.com/forum/index.php?threads/advice-on-avoiding-or-reducing-film-grain.75603/#post-899806
  3. Wall-H

Advice on avoiding or reducing film grain

Thank you very much @P. Chong very valuable information. 🙏 🙏
  4. Wall-H

Advice on avoiding or reducing film grain

I debated putting this in new or interesting techniques to share or medium format section but there is nothing new or interesting about this question and this is specific to film. For a long time, Film provided portrait, beauty and fashion world with amazing smooth pictures. I was shocked when...
  5. Wall-H

I know i posted one yesterday but i received this scan today and i was excited like a baby .. Fuji GSW690iii Portra 160.
  6. Wall-H

If i may ask, what film is this? I never had luck getting "true" blues. Portra somehow gets my blues to much more cyan and i'm searching for something that will give me faithful blue for a landscape.
  7. Wall-H

Recommend Photo Lab

This is pretty old post (more than year) so if you found something, can you please let me know ? I'm on this search as well. On this forum, i found https://www.getdpi.com/forum/index.php?threads/printing-digital-images-with-traditional-methods.75461/ Based on other research, Following 3...
  8. Wall-H

Lake michigan Fuji GSW690iii T Max 2 images stitched in photoshop for 6x15.
  9. Wall-H

Help with accessories for Sinar X

Thank you very much @darr @Geoff @P. Chong @TechTalk. System arrived. Based on advice above & with the help of B.S. Kumar from large format photography forum. , i gathered remaining missing pieces and ordered them. Most of them were available via B.S. Kumar's own store. Few missing, i got link...
  10. Wall-H

Thank you very much Sir !! Greatly appreciate your inputs. Great picture !! I'm always nervous using a bit wider lens for portraiture, but above look superb. I've lot to learn !!
  11. Wall-H

Adapting 4x5 Sinar f with Digital backs?

Thank you very much Sir !! Greatly appreciate your inputs.
  12. Wall-H

i Don't have any film magazine yet. I was thinking to get 2. So i can keep color and B&W separate. Any suggestions or just get what fits in budget? Ohh. I misunderstood fresnel for brighter screen. Thank you. I'm happy and freaking out at the same time. :) This journey is happening too fast...
  13. Wall-H

Thank you @f6cvalkyrie . Very helpful.By any chance you recollect brand name ?
  14. Wall-H

Hi All, While i was still researching and deciding on which 4x5 system to go to, one of my offers at eBay was accepted and i'm completely off guard with new arrival, Sinar X, expert Kit for 4x5 film. I'm still going through various books but i could use help with few accessories and tips on...
  15. Wall-H

Thank you very much @darr . Actually i got rushed into this when my bid got accepted at surprise amount. I'll start separate thread.
  16. Wall-H

Hasselblad X1D2 With a 4X5 View camera / Large format system

I'm searching on similar topic and i came across this Also i'm not sure if you noticed https://www.getdpi.com/forum/index.php?threads/adapting-4x5-sinar-f-with-digital-backs.66876/post-816230 I'm replying to that thread hoping to find more information. I'm totally new to the medium format so...
  17. Wall-H

4x5 Photography 101 - where to begin?

Is there any way i can get that video link ? I'm trying and searching something on similar lines.
  18. Wall-H

@darr @RodK & Experts, I've exact same question but instead of Sinar F, I'm debating about below options. Cambo Ultima, Horseman 45LX, Sinar X, Kardan RE, Technikardan. I understand with 4x5 there would be some amount of play but do you by any chance heard about any system being more precise...
  19. Wall-H

SOLD - Phase One Blue Ring 120mm F4 Macro lens.

probably in the league of sharpest across many other formats too. I had purchased this lens few months ago and hence can't snatch this deal but hopefully my appreciation for this glass ends up bumping this post.
  20. Wall-H

Fun with MF images 2023

Fog settling on lake at Chicago. I can't decide between B&W or Color. I was aiming for long exposure and ducks decided to paint my picture even more. Phase one XF, 120 BR