The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. V

New camera from Arca Swiss: the Pico

For sure the Pico like all bellows cameras will be limited with respect to mirrorless and wide lenses. But hey..... that shouldn't stop you from getting one! Just think of all the new unique ways you'll come up with for interior lighting with the CFV-100C and the Pico!! And, of course, it...
  2. V

Does IBIS come at a price?

Of the rare times I have used IBIS I have found it to be remarkably effective. The real problem I have is forgetting that I turned it on. Almost all of my images are taken on a tripod so forgetting to turn off IBIS can result in ruined images. Victor B.
  3. V

My 100 II is 98% of the time on my M-Two attached to the Rotafoot which rotates so I don't utilize a full L Bracked - just a bottom plate. I have never used a cable release as most of my shooting utilizes the 2 sec delay feature. The only time I would need a cable release would be for Bulb and...
  4. V

Rob..... the 50mm Rody is just spectacular! I had the Rody 40mm purchased, packed and ready to ship when I cancelled all because I was paranoid about the CFV-100C banding. In retrospect the 40mm may have been the perfect compromise for me but the 50mm is so outstanding that I have stopped...
  5. V

It isn't just FFD but the combination of 'IT' and the protrusion of the rear lens element. I cannot shift at all with the Rody 50mm when using the Rotafoot. I can shift to my hearts content if I use the older bellows connector ( A real Pita ). The 60XL 'Just' cleared the Rotafoot but that's...
  6. V

My experiences with the Fuji 100 II are all positive. When I owned a 60XL I was able to shift easily 18mm LR in Portrait position and get an effective FOV of a 36mm lens. I just recently purchased a Rody 50mm and the use of the Fuji is extremely limited with no movements. I can use the older...
  7. V

I can't speak to the needs of anyone else but I also have a Sony 7RM5 and the dedicated Rotafoot for it and have used it with my M-Two but have found no advantage over using my Fuji 100 II. I initially thought that I would gain some slight advantage with the slighter shallower flange depth of...
  8. V

I followed your blog years ago and remember when you gave up the Phase DB in favor of a Sony smaller sensor. To say the least it was very inspiring even though I never needed the range of movements that you required for your work. It may be that what you need simply can't be obtained with DB...
  9. V

None of my lenses are going back to AS. I intend to mount them myself including the 138 Float in Pico dedicated lens boards. Victor B.
  10. V

I think you need both ;) Victor B.
  11. V

So True!! Only with a DB will the limitations disappear. That is the main reason I purchased a CFV-100C with no regrets. Almost the same price as a 100 II with no lens limitations. Victor B.
  12. V

SOLD: (UK) Rodenstock HR Digaron W 32mm f/4 in Copal O Shutter

Is this still available? Victor B.
  13. V

X1d e-shutter quite usable.

Way over my head, Matt.... but that's where the fan belongs ;) . Victor B.
  14. V

Fun with MF images 2024

The 120 ASPH is a fabulous lens.... Don't ever sell it. ;) Victor B.
  15. V

I think this is a legitimate question. I can only answer for myself but no bellows camera is as light and potentially as finely machined. These positive attributes will fill the gap I have been looking for. The M-two is ancient but still very well machined. If it were in the same weight...
  16. V

SOLD: (UK) Rodenstock HR Digaron W 32mm f/4 in Copal O Shutter

Is it possible for you to make some raw files available? A landscape image and anything else?
  17. V

SOLD Phase One IQ4-150 digital back.

Great price from a great DPI member.... Victor B.
  18. V

Technical Camera Images

This was taken near Banff where there are many picturesque small lakes. This morning was exceptionally still at Two Jack Lake and the water was close to glass. So far this has been a very fun photographic trip. CVF-100C, Actus, Schneider 35XL, 8mm Rise. Victor B. Edit: This was my fourth...
  19. V

Technical Camera Images

Greetings from Cold Banff. First day out and may be one of the few days with clouds. Even with this cool weather it is fairly busy here. Peak season must be really nuts - a time to visit that I would never commit to. Shot at Moraine Lake with lackluster results as the Lake was fairly low and...
  20. V

Perfect for me. I need no film capabilities and have only once used shift more than 20mm and that was rise. If it is as rigid as hyped I will be a happy camper. Victor B.