The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

Technical Camera Images

You are living your John Muir quote. Fantastic work!
  2. S

IQ4 with Capture One mobile app

If you go the Surface route, be sure that it uses a stylus. The Capture One sliders and buttons are too small to accurately control with fingertips.
  3. S

New firmware update #8 SR2 for IQ4 150 is out!

Has anyone actually made this work on an iPad? So far I have not with iPad Pro iOS 15.6, Cascable 6.3 and IQ4 Feature Update #8 SR2. Cascable does not connect to IQ4.
  4. S

Sun shades and focus cloths for digital backs

I use a camera Storm Jacket reversed on the back with close-up glasses. Lightweight, compressible, and always in the pack.
  5. S

Medium Format Ultralight Hiking Kit

With the Fuji GFX100s image stabilization, consider that the 50mm can be hand-held pretty reliably to about 1/20 second at clean iso up to 800. You might not need a tripod for the majority of photos.
  6. S

Small tablet to drive IQ4-150

Greg, I share your pain on how long it is taking Capture One to tether to an iPad. A couple years ago, I bought a Windows tablet, installed the full Capture One and tried to use it to tether. Although it functioned fully, I found the size of the sliders and other controls in Capture One to be...
  7. S

Phase One IQ4 phone tethering / transfer feature?

There are still many of us who bought the IQ4 in good faith that it would interface externally to IOS. The IQ4 rear display is 7 generations behind Apple's state of the art and is shamefully inadequate. Anyone notice that the C1v21 splash screen still says 4 months?
  8. S

Teamwork in Conversation webinar with Phase One

When will we ever get iPad tethering!? The IQ4 display is 7 generations behind Apple's current display quality and is not good enough. We don't need the full Capture One functionality on the iPad, just a high quality display and remote release. Come on guys, its been 2 years.
  9. S

Medium Format and Coffee

Very clever. As a 10 year veteran of the Aeropress, I concur with Rodrigo's process. Also note, there is a reusable bayonet filter by Fellows with a valve at the bottom to keep it from dripping until pressed. Great for backpacking too.
  10. S

New Cambo Offerings - Late 2018 Edition

It is very useful to have Cambo officially represented on this forum. Furthermore, PLEASE request a simple WRS adapter for Pentax 67 lenses. I have asked for this for over 2 years. These lenses have large image circles, manual apertures, no shutter, are very high quality and low cost. This...
  11. S

X1D with 3rd party lens

Is there a similar product to mate Hasselblad V-series lenses to a Cambo Wide RS camera? I would love to have this or an adapter to mate Pentax 67 lenses to the WRS. I think there are enough Cambo users to justify this simple adapter.
  12. S

Quick question about filters and 240mm BR

I simply removed the built-in hood (a couple small screws if I recall correctly), added an 86mm Lee ring, and use the Lee Professional hood and 100mm filters as needed. Very easy.
  13. S

After the Autumn colors... inspire us!

Dave, Seems like a clear cut justification for a longer lens! Merry Christmas.
  14. S

IQ3 100 Achromatic!

Great idea Dave! If the Achromatic does Live View and ES, I would be in. Don't give Phase One the idea that they should price this thing at $40k though. Maybe it should be the strike back at Hasselblad and Fuji with a $15k price.
  15. S

Question about Newly Announced Cambo WRS Canon Mount

Now that you have the blueprint for an electronic lens interface to the Cambo WRS, how about one for Phase One lenses!?
  16. S

Question about Newly Announced Cambo WRS Canon Mount

Since most of the WRS lenses are on the short to normal end, it would be interesting to see if some of the Canon telephotos, especially the zooms, have a large enough image circle to cover the IQ3 100. If anyone has information here, please share.
  17. S

XF/IQ external power supply

I have been tempted to try a large external USB battery, such as those designed for laptops, connected to an IQ3 back, but have always hesitated for fear of frying a $30k back. Phase One has never given me a straight answer if this would be safe. Are you stating that this works? If so, this...
  18. S

New depth of field calculator app

Bravo Dave! After 3 years of bugging Phase One to add this data capability, I have lost hope in getting it. Would gladly pay for a simple way to enter data into my iPhone that records image number, lens, focus distance, shift, tilt, filter applied. So far, my best solution is to take a...
  19. S

Is it possible to recalibrate LCD of Phase One IQ back?

The display on the back of my IQ180 and many others I have used or seen shows the same weaknesses Yashima describes. The color gamut / saturation is much reduced compared to what is seen on a laptop with C1 and the sharpness is not adequate to truly evaluate focus in my opinion. Remember...
  20. S

Phase One News: XF Body, IQ3 backs, 35LS, 120LS, C1 8.3, Website

Seems to be a big error in the specs for the new 35mm LS lens. The Phase One website shows it with a 77mm filter thread while the download for the same lens lists the thread as 105mm. The weight differs by over a pound as well. Which is right? My guess is the bigger and heavier version.